Hilton Night Manager in Sydney, Australia
About West Hotel
West Hotel Sydney, Curio Collection by Hilton is Sydney's newest premium hotel, opening December 2017.
Located near Barangaroo at 65 Sussex Street Sydney, West offers discerning corporate and leisure travellers a truly unique hotel experience with 182 designer rooms including four suites, a modern Australian restaurant and bar, a private meeting/dining room, stunning internal garden Atrium and a fully equipped gym.
About the role
As the Night Manager, you will be responsible for engaging with guests from arrival to departure, providing exceptional night-hour services and timely response to guest requests as the main point of contact in the hotel. You will manage the night audit operations to the highest quality, support other departments where required and ensure the team are kept fully aware of overnight activities or feedback from guests so that the guest experience is fully enhanced.
- Manage and take full responsibility for the hotel in the overnight hours
- Handle guest requests, inquiries and complaints
- Complete Night Audit duties
- Ensure all team members are prepared and well-informed to deliver guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out
- Maximise room occupancy and sales revenues through up-selling techniques that promote the hotel services and facilities
- Understand and demonstrate correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Monitor Guest satisfaction reports and implement actions to improve results
This Position is for Australian residents only or applicants who have the legal right to work in Australia, visa sponsorship opportunities are not available.
A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent experience
Previous supervisory experience in Front Office within the hotel, leisure or retail sector at a supervisor level or above.
Fluent in the English language in order to communicate professionally with guests and team members, both in person and over the telephone
Excellent leadership, inter-personal, training and development skills
A passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences
Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and conflict, and work efficiently under pressure
Well-presented, organised and calm personality
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Night Manager
Requisition ID: HOT04JB7