HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supervisor Cardiac Cath Lab in Tallahassee, Florida
Capital Regional is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon an Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
Under the direction of the Cardiac Cath Lab Operations Manager and/or Director, the Cath Lab Supervisors primary responsibility is to provide expertise in those skills related to the successful operation of the clinical environment of the Cardiac Cath Lab. The Cath Lab Supervisor is to provide expertise in all nursing care during invasive procedures (Angiography, Cardiac Catheterization, Devices, etc.) and to provide education to all team members regarding same. Teaching and development of staff competencies and providing effective daily leadership is a primary assignment. The Cath Lab Supervisor assumes responsibility and accountability for several patients during a designated time frame while following policies and procedures of Capital Regional Medical Center and is a secondary assignment. Independent proficiency and full participation in departmental procedures and performance measurements is an expectation. The Cath Lab Supervisor leads by prioritizing and organizing patient flow to ensure best utilization of time. Is given general guidance with regards to daily operations by the Cardiac Cath Lab Operations Manager or the Director and is expected to function with initiative and sound judgment to provide quality services. He/she also collaborates closely with the Cardiac Cath Lab Operations Manager and/or Director in the day to day operations of the department. He/she will demonstrate effective safety practices. Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and Medical Staff. Demonstrates competence when performing other related licensed functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process. Participates, cooperates, and helps develop unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains, and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel. Practices, develops, and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient’s rights to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and behaviors appropriately.
- Maintains knowledge of all invasive procedures and prepares patients appropriately according to policy.
- Maintains knowledge of all diagnostic tests and report abnormalities to the Physician.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
· Associate degree required, Bachelors Degree preferred
· Graduation from a Cardiopulmonary Technician (CPT), Radiologic Technologist (RT), or Cardiovascular Technologist Program
· Current RN license inFloridarequired
· ARRT registry and State of Florida RT license requiredorRCIS credential required
· BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required
· ACLS required
*EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: *
· Registered Nurse with Interventional Cath Lab experience with a minimum of 3 years Cath Lab Experience
· Experienced Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) with minimum of 3 years of experience
· Experienced Registered Radiology Technologist with CI or VI credential (ARRT/CI/VI) with minimum of 3 years experience.
· Minimum of one year experience as a supervisor/manager or director preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Reads and writes English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician’s orders
· Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff members
· Good knowledge of cardiac drugs and arrhythmias
· Knowledge of hemodynamic monitoring helpful, but not required
· Knowledge of sterile procedures
· Ability to listen, empathize, and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
· This position is exposed to ionizing radiation and requires the employee to wear a lead apron and stand for long periods of time
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Supervisor Cardiac Cath Lab
Location: Florida-Tallahassee-Capital Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00355-8236