HCA, Hospital Corporation of America New Graduate RN Registered Nurse in Tamarac, Florida
Seeking exceptional, caring and compassionate new RN graduates to apply for our StarRN New Graduate program!
S pecialtyTrainingApprenticeship forRegisteredNurses
- Medical Surgical
- Progressive Care Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- Behavioral Health The StaRN program is a 14 week, PAID Nurse Residency program featuring didactic and clinical training. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program.
/ Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital. /
Part 1 - Training facilitated in the First Seven (7) Weeks via:
- Instructor-led classroom training
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Self-directed learning
/ The schedule will be Monday-Friday, with 40 hour work weeks (8 hour days) /
Part 2 - Clinical Preceptorship – Remaining Seven (7) Weeks
Conducted at the hospital
- Regular development meetings between the learner, their preceptor and their Director
- You will be given a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role
/ The schedule will be three (3) 12 hour shifts at the hospital /
Learners will receive the following as part of the StaRN Program:
- BLS/ACLS Certification
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
- CPI Certification
- Meditech Training and Validation
- Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
Benefit eligible after successful completion of the program
Current FL RN licensure
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred
Attendance is mandatory for entire program
With more than 16,000 of your neighbors, friends and colleagues, the East Florida Division of HCA is committed to building healthy communities in South Florida and the Treasure Coast. And with 13 hospitals to choose from, your possibilities for achievement, variety, and career growth are endless here.
University Hospital and Medical Center has grown and transformed right alongside the South Florida community we serve since our opening in 1974. Today, we're a 317-bed facility fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: awarded the Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, awarded the Disease Specific Care Certification for Orthopedic Joint Replacement and received the Five Star Excellence Award in Emergency Services.
Title: New Graduate RN Registered Nurse
Location: Florida-Tamarac-University Hospital - Broward County
Requisition ID: 00000-StaRNUHMC