Frontier Communications CENTER OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN in TAMPA, Florida
Center Operations Technician - Network Provisioning Center
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation, now a Fortune 500 and S&P; 500 company, is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure digital protection solutions. Frontier Business Edge offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. Frontier's approximately 28,600 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Scope & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for the provisioning and maintenance activity from the DS0 level up to SONET networks, as required to provide and maintain service. Interpret orders for service requirements, assign equipment, facilities and order plug-in cards for delivery to the central office. Analyze network facilities, special service circuits utilizing a variety of menu and non menu-driven systems to isolate repair problems and restore customer service. Utilize technical standards from TeleCordia in order to provide and maintain the service to the customer.
Specific Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Controlling multi-line business customer and IXC customer provisioning, maintenance and/or status/escalation request activity by processing incoming calls.
- Provide technical consultation to field forces in connection with special services, switched services and hi-capacity services.
- Use a computer terminal to obtain record information, design circuits, distribute circuit orders, isolate troubles and maintain maintenance records.
- Utilize evolving technology including fiber, digital loop carrier, broadband and SONET systems to accomplish work assignments.
- Verifying information/equipment and monitoring trouble report status through computer based menu-driven systems.
- Analyzing network facilities and special services circuits utilizing a variety of menu and non-menu-driven systems to isolate and restore repair problems.
- Taking appropriate action to trouble-shoot, test, and correct special service circuits, network, and CPE equipment.
- Making all test adjustments remotely, if possible, to restore equipment, special services circuits, and network.
- Using specialized remote test systems, information systems, manufacturers’ specifications.
- Conferring and coordinating with other departments, and providing technical assistance to customers, and other Frontier Communications employees.
- Maintaining reports and records as necessary.
- Design voice and data circuits to include digital data circuits, switched access trunks and other Company records.
- Analyze service orders and trunk orders.
- Design and layout trunk and special service circuits (including the calculation of transmission levels and the specification of equipment settings.)
- Prepare or direct the preparation of circuit orders and circuit layout records for field forces.
- Handle customer complaints
- At least 80% of time spent working at a computer terminal, sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- High level of peer to peer interface.
- Continual telephone contacts with clients.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the company.
Hours – Flexibility to work in a 24x5 operation is expected
- Knowledge of one or more particular user-friendly, menu-driven, and non menu-driven software programs applicable to the job.
- Knowledge of special service equipment and network connections.
- Knowledge of fiber systems, DACS, and MUXs.
- SONET network element provisioning (remoting into equipment)
- Understanding basic digital communication applications.
- Knowledge of electronic and digital theory/principle.
- Knowledge of low Bandwidth and High Bandwidth circuits.
- Knowledge of various central office switch types (i.e., GTD5, 5ESS, DMS100, DMS10) and/or adjunct devices (i.e., Voicemail, Voiceplex).
- Knowledge of service orders, trouble tickets, and circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of trouble-shooting techniques.
- Knowledge of job related facility, equipment, plant, tools, products, services, symbols, records, applicable techniques, and applications.
- Detail oriented, verify that work is accurate and complete.
- Ability to solve basic mathematical computations quickly and accurately.
- Possession of basic keyboard skills, alpha and numeric.
- Demonstration of effective communication skills, using tact, courtesy, and questioning techniques in frequently sensitive pressure situations.Must be able to successfully complete each phase of training (both formal and on the job).
- Training/ Education Required:
Job Location: TAMPA, Florida, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 318729-798