HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Laboratory Asst II PRN in Tampa, Florida
For more than 35 years, Tampa Community Hospital’s 201 bed facility has served northwest Hillsborough and northwest Pinellas counties with comprehensive medical, diagnostic, surgical and emergency services. We are committed to providing high-quality healthcare with a focus on customer service through amenities that include all private rooms and room service. With a team of 500 dedicated employees and more than 300 physicians on staff, our hospital is equipped with the expertise to provide a wide array of health services. Our medical staff includes skilled, board-certified physicians representing dozens of medical specialties. Through the delivery of compassionate healthcare, you will see the desire to help others in the heart and minds of our caring and experienced nurses, medical technicians and support staff.
Medical, Dental and vision Insurance, Paid Time Off Plan, Extended Illness Bank, 401k.
The Phlebotomist draws blood samples to be analyzed by laboratory personnel and interpreted by Pathologists such that patient diagnoses may be made. The tasks and responsibilities include: * Collects blood samples ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of samples. * Follows hospital policies and procedures for transporting/delivering samples to laboratory. * Maintains strict quality control for procedures. * May perform special tests such as clotting time, bleeding time and glucose tolerance tests and report test results. * Maintains records of tests performed and blood samples taken. * Maintains needed equipment and supplies. * Provides age and culturally appropriate care. * Orients and mentors new staff members. * Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. We're hiring top talent today. Apply online now by going to www.MoreCareerChoices.com.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of Phlebotomy Training program.
- Nationally recognized certification as a Phlebotomy Technician preferred.
- Hospital experience required.
- Experience with Meditech preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to perform work that requires occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, climbing, overhead lifting. Frequent standing , walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion. Lifting up to 50 pounds.
Title: Laboratory Asst II PRN
Location: Florida-Tampa-Tampa Community Hospital
Requisition ID: 26598-1179