Comcast Technical Support Specialist in Tampa, Florida
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for taking technical support calls from customers and troubleshooting to identify appropriate resolution for managed services such as managed broadband, managed Wi-Fi, managed router, and security delivered over BCI and/or MetroE. Verifies network outages and escalateappropriate fix agents to ensure timely resolution (Tier 2, field operations etc.) with a primary emphasis on a quality first call resolution. Accurately documents problems including detection information, diagnostic results and repair information by utilizing the trouble ticketing system, customer portal and network monitoring tools. Uses multiple software systems and applications to ensure customer service orders and repair tickets are completed accurately and on-time. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable for individual
results and impact on team.
- Handle inbound customer repair request via phone, portal, email, and network monitoring tools.
- Manage ticket queues.
- Interface with incumbent local exchange carriers, field service technicians and other internal partners as needed to resolve customer troubles.
- Provide all customer communications including status updates and inbound automatic call distributor (ACD) calls.
- Properly document all interactions within ticketing systems.
- Utilize tools and resources to troubleshoot and repair managed services customer problems.
- Assist with identification of chronic customer access issues.
- Achieve standards for consistent performance (scorecards).
- Identify and report deficiencies and best practices to management.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent
- Network , CCENT, Ciena CE-A or similar industry certifications a plus
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer