Northwell Health Accessioner (Westchester) in Tarrytown, New York
Req Number 001HMJ
Job Category General Clerical/Secretarial
Assists laboratory personnel in daily accessioning activities. Performs pre-analytical processing of specimens and a variety of clerical duties in support of department.
- Performs pre-analytical processing of specimens and clerical duties including, but not limited to:
· Receives, sorts and performs accurate data entry for all specimens entering the laboratory.
· Receives and processes written/electronic requests from physicians for routine, STAT and/or special laboratory tests.
· Follows appropriate handling requirements for specific specimens.
· Identifies and documents situations that may adversely impact test performance or reporting of results. Notifies management of situation.
· Rejects incorrect or inappropriate specimens. Retests using the same or alternate methods.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of department.
· Answers, screens and directs phone calls received in Laboratory.
· Retrieves, prints and faxes test results and cumulative reports utilizing the Laboratory computer system (LIS).
· Processes and files form requests, records, receipts, and related laboratory paperwork.
· Generates daily pending log and other reports, as required by management.
· Assists in training new employees, as directed by management.
- Performs related duties, as required.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Proficiency in Medical Terminology, required.
· Working knowledge of PC applications, required.
· Previous related experience, preferred.