Northwell Health MSW-Social Worker (Westchester) Per Diem in Tarrytown, New York
Req Number 001HZY
Job Category Social Workers
Performs psychosocial assessments of and on-going direct social work services to patients and families; participates in formulating and implementing discharge plans; identifies unmet psychosocial needs and develops programs to address those needs; and participates in educational activities.
- Performs psychosocial assessment of patients and families.
· Provides introduction and orientation to newly admitted patients/ families.
· Evaluates new admissions by interviewing patients and families, contacting agencies, if indicated, and reviewing available information.
· Prepares psychosocial assessments of patients and families using knowledge and understanding of needs of adults/geriatrics.
· Prepares comprehensive care plans.
· Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
· Maintains documentation of initial contacts with patient/families and of psychosocial assessments.
- Formulates and implements psychosocial treatment plans.
· Employs clinical skills in counseling individuals and families regarding coping/adjusting to illness and placement and discharge planning.
· Formulates and implements discharge plans.
· Establishes and maintains professional relationship with patients and families.
· Incorporates knowledge of community resources and entitlement programs in planning.
· Negotiates community systems and programs.
· Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
· Implements and continuously evaluates treatment plans.
· Provides social work services in accordance with required standards.
· Utilizes knowledge of financial/reimbursement/regulatory systems and requirements in providing services to patients and families
· Completes MDS forms, as required.
· Anticipates needs/problems in case management.
· Maintains documentation of case activity/data.
- Identifies unmet psychosocial needs and develops programs to address them.
· Collaborates with staff to identify unmet needs.
· Participates with staff in group functioning – Patient Council and other patient/family groups.
· Coordinates family groups.
· Utilizes knowledge of Social Work treatment modalities in assessing program needs.
· Represents the facility and department when meeting with community agencies.
- Performs related duties, as required.
· Master’s Degree in Social Work, required.
· LMSW required within one (1) year of employment, required.
· Clinical experience, preferred.