Brinks Air Courier Coordinator - 580 Ops in th Ave, New York
Air Courier Coordinator - 580 Ops
Requisition #:20651Location:580 5th Ave NY US-Global Svcs - B0242
Functional Area:Manufacturing/Production/OperationsEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Brink’s Global Services is a division of Brink’s Inc, the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewelry, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for an Air Courier Coordinator based out of our NYC Operations hub in the Diamond District.
The Air Courier Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and assisting location leadership in all aspects of the courier operation to ensure proper routing and manifesting of inbound and outbound shipments into the tracking system. This position functions in an armed environment and requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers and in armored vehicles in transit, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's.
• Promptly respond to customers, affiliates, and vendors via telephone and email correspondence.
• Ensure proper air courier manifesting, pouching, routing and tagging of consolidated shipments
• Partner with UPS to coordinate the bookings for shipments and work closely with internal partners to ensure appropriate communication is maintained throughout the shipping process.
• Investigate and remedy problems with the preparation for evening outbound operation. Help origin cities with gateway problems and work closely with Customer Service, Operations and Sales to make sure all issues are appropriately resolved.
• Accurately log delivery documents for use during daily HUB and messenger activity.
• Partner with Operations leadership to research piece count discrepancies and purged or missing piece data.
• Promptly respond to customers, affiliates, and vendors via telephone and email correspondence
• Investigate and remedy problems with the preparation for evening outbound operation. Help destination cities locate liability via seal and manifest verification
• Respond to vendor, customer or affiliate’s concerns diplomatically, partnering with appropriate department contacts for resolution
• Ensure compliance of documentation required for all international and domestic moves
• Ensure all transportation of shipments to and from the airport are made with full consideration of security implications
• Ensure that supply orders are filled and shipments are properly sent to customers and affiliates. Receive supply orders and securely shelve them using a forklift.
• Manage special booking needs and shipment tracking for the Show Division as necessary.
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Minimum 3 years of data entry and customer service experience in a distribution, logistics or freight forwarding role.
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Able to work flexible schedule including weekends, holidays and/or extended hours
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular and consistent basis.
• Experience in logistics solutions role working with multiple partners including but not limited to front line employees, customers, back office staff and other members of leadership.
• Good basic math skills
• Knowledge of freight forwarding
• Intermediate PC skills including with MS OFFICE products and logistics systems
• Professional, positive demeanor
• Excellent customer service
• Collaborative work style
• Good ethics and integrity
• Strong attention to detail and high level of initiative
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s Global Services U.S., Inc. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employees, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top