Hilton English Teacher in Thandwe, Myanmar (Burma)
An English Teacher will implement and deliver an appropriately balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum to all the team members and students to improve their proficiency in writing, reading and speaking English.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for raising standards of the English language within the hotel and assist in translation from Burmese to English and vice versa. You will work closely with HR to interview candidates in English and assess their knowledge for placement. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Training Manager in analyzing the language training needs and prepare the training plans in accordance with requirements of the Head of Departments (HODs)
- Prepare, communicate and implement both monthly and annual training plans to meet the training needs analysis
- Deliver classes in accordance with the training plans
- Plan lessons and sequences with clear objectives to ensure progression for all students
- You will be in involved in the administration of student profiles, training records and materials
- Promote aspects of Personal Development related to English
- Promote English learning through hours of activities
- To lead, monitor and evaluate the assessment and feedback to students
- To follow monitoring and tracking systems relating to students attainment, progress and achievement
- Give written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required
- Complete the relevant documentation to assist in the tracking of students
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to enhance operational/environmental procedures in the Hotel
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- A good degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience in teaching English
- Excellent understanding of effective and engaging teaching methods
- The ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students, inspiring them to be actively interested in English
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Resilient and responds well to challenge
- Team player with strong sense of responsibility
- Proactive in resolving issues as well as providing clear communication to both customers and colleagues
- Maintain a high customer focused mindset
- Possess flexibility, adaptability and creativity
- To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in pursuit of team goals
- Motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Human Resources
Title: English Teacher
Requisition ID: HOT03X8Y