HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Speech Therapist PRN in Thornton, Colorado
North Suburban Medical Center is proud of the high quality care, as it aligns with our mission, which states: “Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life”. The proof of their dedication to excellence in care is in the positive reviews that we hear from our patients that entrust us with their care. Additionally we are proud of the other recognitions that we received which also highlights the importance that we place on patient care and patient experience. In Spring of 2017 North Suburban received a “A” rat the ing Hospital Safety Score from the Leapfrog Group and the recipient of the 2017 Silver Plus Award for “ Get With The Guidelines- Stroke Quality Measures” from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association. North Suburban is also the First Hospital in the State of Colorado to receive the Sepsis Certification fromThe Joint Commission and received the Joint Commission’s Goal Seal of Approval. 1. Position Summary: This position reflects beginner to advanced levels of experience and expertise in the area of Speech Therapy. Staff functioning in this role will participate in direct patient care, staff & program development, and professional initiatives. These individuals may serve as a division resource for their particular area of expertise. Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for assigned patients. Each service area may require specialized skills and/or serve specific age categories, which may include pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Treatment is provided in compliance with the Hospital and Speech Therapy Service Policies and Procedures.
- Supports the hospital and department at all times and participates in the Department and Hospital Performance Improvement efforts.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining and improving Speech Therapy knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment and the ability to function independently and possesses evaluation and decision making skills.
- Therapists with one or more years experience may mentor and/or oversee the clinical practice of new graduates and students. Participation in professional initiatives and staff development
- Employee must maintain an active registration with the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
- Employee must maintain an active Speech Language Pathology Certification in the State of Colorado.
- Employee must have current certification in BLS for HealthCare Providers (in accordance with American Heart Association guidelines).
B. Education: Graduate of an accredited school with a BS or MS degree in Speech Language Pathology.
C. Experience: One year in a hospital or clinical setting.
D. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: 1. Works cooperatively with the entire healthcare team. 2. Evaluates and treats patients referred for speech therapy services by a licensed physician or dentist according to Medicare and Joint Commission Standards. 3. Communicates effectively in writing and verbally with patients, families, physicians and other hospital personnel. 4. Practices safety measures in all patients care duties. 5. Accurately and completely documents evaluation findings, treatment planning, goals, education of patients/ families, discharge planning. 6. Accepts responsibility for formulation of the plan of care according to identified patient problems as needed, accepts accountability for the implementation of the plan of care by appropriately and effectively communication with team members. 7. Supervises and directs treatment of department aides and assistants. 8. Patients may include individuals of ages from pediatric, adolescent and adult to geriatric. Adjusts assessment and treatment based upon the age of the patient. 9. Identifies the educational needs of the patient/family, determines the appropriate interventions, promotes patient participation and establishes realistic outcomes that are re-evaluated on an ongoing basis. 10. Administers treatment modalities and procedures in a safe and effective manner, based on the physician’s prescription and the speech therapist’s professional judgment in an accurate, safe and timely manner. 11. Participates in functional improvement team, hospital and department in-services and other educational activities that help improve the goals and standards of care. 12. Recognizes behavior or attitudes that interfere with effective team performance and initiates measures to resolve conflicts that disrupt high quality patient care. 13. Adheres to Infection Control/Standard Precautions while performing all duties. 14. Demonstrates proficiency and working knowledge of all department equipment. 15. Adheres to policies and procedures regarding patient rights. 16. Follows all Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures. 17. Maintains good attendance, as well as displays professional conduct and dress at all times. 18. Demonstrates understanding of Hospital and Department safety and emergency procedures. 19. Demonstrates competency for all standards on the performance appraisal. 20. Practice reflects professionalism, maturity, and commitment. 21. Performs additional duties as assigned 22. 23. E.Degree of Supervision Required: *Minimal: Individual proceeds on his/her own initiative, in compliance with policies, practices and procedures prescribed by immediate supervisor. 24. F.Orientation *1-2 week intensive orientation to department specific policies and procedure probationary period is 90 days
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Speech Therapist PRN
Location: Colorado-Thornton-North Suburban Medical Center
Requisition ID: 03192-66653