Eaton Corporation Manager - Supplier Management in Tijuana, Mexico
The primary function of this position is to develop and maintain a Supply Management and Purchasing Team to effectively meets organizational needs (OTD, lead time, cost, quality, and inventory) relative to the procurement of various goods and services.
• Develop standardized purchasing strategies and sourcing options through supplier interviews and visits
in conjunction with other departments to support operations supply requirements.
• Develop strong relationship with Key Customers
• Develop the plan for every part (PFEP)
• Actively working/supporting Cost Out Projects
• Maintain the control Invoice on Hold and Premium Freight
• Gathers data for analysis of quality, price, terms, condition, capacity, manufacturing capability, financial
condition, and supplier labor related issues.
• Revisit strategies on a periodic basis to ensure it continues to meet the needs of the business.
• Manage the activities of buyers with the organization.
• Develop expectations and process for negotiations with suppliers regarding price, terms, quality, tooling,
• Develop and negotiate supply agreements as required.
• Develop and implement tool to ensure adequate supplier capacities are in place to support operation
plans and to track Eaton and customer paid tooling within the supply base.
• Develop and maintain on-going ethical supplier relationships, which foster a desire to furnish new ideas,
and promote cooperation with Eaton on an on-going basis.
• Coordinate the exchange of technical information regarding product and product processing with
adequate safeguards for confidentiality.
• Develop and participate (as required) in negotiation process of Eaton claims (i.e., cost, time, rework,
scrap, labor, sorting charges) with suppliers regarding non-conforming material.
• Actively participate in teams working towards continuous process improvements, elimination of waste,
simultaneous engineering, and advanced product quality planning.
• Manage the development of purchasing strategic spends and plans
• Develop and implement a material cost reduction strategy – including negotiated savings, resource plans and supplier process improvements.
• Coordinates development of purchasing cost models which will allow Eaton to negotiate supplier spend on the basis of cost not quotes.
• Bachelor Degree.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or specialized degree in purchasing/logistics. MBA Preferred.
• 7+ years of experience in supply chain management
• Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
• Understanding of key financial metrics
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills
• Excellent Contract Negotiating Skills
• Previous supervisory and international management experience is a plus
• Working knowledge of various commodities cost drivers and manufacturing techniques
• Must have excellent leadership skills.
• Excellent knowledge of business systems (ERP, MRP).
• CPM or APICS Certification will be a plus.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
• Capacity Planning.
• Shop Floor Execution.
• Inventory Management & Optimization.
• Demand Management.
• Master Production Scheduling.
• Materials Replenishment Planning.
• Order Management.
• Supply Chain Continuity Planning.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time