Comcast Rep 2, IT Suppt in Tinley Park, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for technical hardware and software support under moderate supervision/guidance. Has developed knowledge and skills in own area. Works in a structured environment and applies standard policies and procedures. Requires some basic problem-solving. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable for individual results and impact on team.
- Performs moves, adds, changes, and maintenance activities for desktop/laptop computers, telephones, and printers. Installs new equipment for users and replacement of non-functioning equipment.
- Educates end users regarding computer and software operations, including basic how to's and best practices.
- Performs network troubleshooting. Makes recommendations on computer related needs.
- Provides assistance in moving and re-installing equipment when required.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of network file server backups and disaster recovery.
- Ensures complete and reliable security for sensitive data.
- Performs work in a timely manner and is responsive to users' needs.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer