HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit (PCU) in Tomball, Texas
Tomball Regional Medical Center – Tomball, Texas
* _*Charge Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit*
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC) has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 358 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.
Tomball Regional Medical Center is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit
- The Charge Nurse is a registered nurse responsible for the daily operational aspects of the unit, and assists the Director/Manager in the achievement of the service goals and objectives.
- The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
- The Charge Nurse establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their unit with those of the unit and Tomball Regional Medical Center.
- The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Charge Nurse into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
- The Charge Nurse functions in the role of expert clinical practitioner, educator, consultant, researcher, and administrator/leader. Incorporated within each of these functions are those of role model, patient advocate, change agent, and cost-effective practitioner.
- The ultimate goal of the position is the improvement of unit operations, patient care and patient outcomes.
- The Charge Nurse is expected to provide scheduled and/or relief staffing within their unit, and to apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- The Charge Nurse will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the adult and geriatric population.
- The Charge Nurse is responsible for the coordination of nursing care for patients on the unit in order to ensure the provision of quality care and services.
- Patients served include adult through geriatric age.
- In collaboration with the unit supervisor, the charge nurse assists with counseling and disciplinary processes of the nursing staff as well as ongoing assessment of knowledge and skills to assist in the annual evaluation process.
- The charge nurse also assists with administrative tasks as assigned by the unit supervisor which include but are not limited to entering of departmental charges, staffing, outcomes monitoring, the provision of additional in-services and impromptu education for unit staff.
- Other aspects of the role include the ability to critically think and intervene in a crisis situation.
- The charge nurse is responsible for knowledge and skill in the nursing care for multiple diagnosis related conditions of patients including cardiovascular, pulmonary, GI/GU, renal, and multiple organ system failure within the scope of services provided on the unit.
- The charge nurse must be able to multitask and delegate appropriately to other staff members to insure safety for all patients is maintained.
*Qualifications:* * Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred * Three (3) years recent clinical experience as an RN * Three (3) years previous experience in leadership or supervisory role preferred * Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state. * Current BLS from the American Heart Association * Current ACLS from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hire
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Charge Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
Location: Texas-Tomball-Tomball Regional Medical Ctr
Requisition ID: 26910-84446