HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Paramedic in Trinity, Florida
The Paramedic functions under the direction of the Registered Nurse and Medical Director. The Paramedic provides patient care within a defined scope of practice that included patient care and observation, specified treatments and procedures; provision of environmental and personal safety; effective communication. The Paramedic will also be responsible to collect pertinent data within their certification scope of responsibilities and report these clinical, psychosocial , etc., findings to the RN and ED physician.
BASIC PATIENT CARE: Assists patients with basic care needs and any other duties related to the well-being of the patient following established nursing policies and procedures. Prioritizes patient care activities based on patient needs and unit activity under the direction of the Resource Nurse/Clinical Coordinator.
TREATMENT AND PROCEDURES: Administers treatments and various procedures (within their scope of practice) to patients as ordered by the physician and directed by the Professional Nursing Staff. Performs monitor technician duties and responsibilities as needed. Transporting of stable medical/telemetry/unit patients; obtaining vital signs - frequency specific to patient's condition;Phlebotomy and specimen with proper labeling/transporting of specimens; applying cardiac monitor where appropriate; implementation of comfort and safety measures (i.e., side-rails up, call bell within reach, stretchers in low position); communication and documentation of tasks and interventions performed; stocking patient rooms with appropriate medical supplies;performs 12-lead EKG; setup sterile trays for suturing/sterile procedures;**insertion of foley catheter when appropriate; documentation of intake and output; maintain and secure sterile or contaminated instruments to and from Central Sterile; collaborate with Bio-med for repair of equipment.
- High School Diploma/ GEDrequired
- State of Florida Paramedic Licenserequired
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association ,as well as ACLS, PALS and PHTLS required
- 1-2 years experience as a Pharamedic.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 pounds.
Location: Florida-Trinity-Medical Center of Trinity
Requisition ID: 00146-6530