Eaton Corporation Plant Manager in Czech Republic
Eaton's electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and project design services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today's most critical electrical power management challenges.
We currently have an opportunity within the Power Distribution Division for a:
Location: Suchdol, Czech Republic
The Plant Manager oversees and direct plant operations, including the key manufacturing processes, in order to achieve production objectives consistent with overall quality and on time performance requirements. He/she leads the plant strategic planning and execution processes while committing to building and enhancing the organizational capability. Within the framework of the “Eaton Philosophy and Values” and the Eaton Business system (EBS), the Plant Manager is responsible for supporting positive employee relations, represents the company both within the facility as well as the community, demonstrating behaviors aligned to the corporate ethical standards.
In addition, the Plant Manager's responsibilities will extend to the following:
· Preparation of budget (planning) for the plant, ensuring objectives for the site are met within approved budget, schedules and quality specifications
· Effective implementation of all logistics activities, particularly in the materials management, controlling, logistics and HR management
· Representation of the plant and the company to external stakeholders by having regulars close contacts to the local and regional communities
· Planning of regular meetings with employees and local works council to ensure communication of operational objectives
· Deployment of the Eaton Business System and lean tools throughout the plant
· Management of documentations and/or execution of system transactions in order to ensure consistent and compliant products are manufactured
· Monitoring of performance against objectives by using Eaton metrics and balance score cards
· Participation in employee representative consultations, pay talks and other union related obligations as needed
· Development and implementation of improvements in production methods, standards and procedures to ensure effective use of resources. Assessment of performance indicators and implementation of appropriate actions to ensure schedule, cost and quality goals of manufacturing operations are met.
· Serving as key player in ensuring that environmental, health & safety issues are addressed, considering local regulations, by focusing on quality and environmental aspects
· University Degree
· Proficiency in Six Sigma tools is considered an advantage
· Excellent communication skills (fluency in both Czech and English is strongly preferred).
· Financial acumen, strategic ability, strong business, and strong change leadership capabilities
· Strong interpersonal and leadership
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
· Ability to thrive in a matrix environment
· Ability to build customer relationships via internal captive customers
· Ability to train others, adopting internal methodologies and programs
· Authority/power to assert and flexibility
· Analytical thinking plus good anticipation skills
· Multi-cultural awareness
· Change Management skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDCD Power Distribution Components Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: International relocation – worldwide
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time