Eaton Corporation Engineer - Transmission Design in India
Primary responsibility of this role is to design “Transmission components and subsystems” to meet customer specific technical requirements by satisfying cost and timeline requirement for Commercial vehicle applications.
Applicant shall have experience in design, development and validation of Transmission components and sub-systems. Applicant must be proficient with performing analytical design calculations, good understanding of GD&T, tolerance stack up analysis and manufacturing methods involving casting and forging. Candidate should have knowledge of automotive market, technology trends in Transmissions. Candidate should be able to participate in defining engineering requirements by understanding customer requirement. The candidate must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills with cross functional team namely engineering, manufacturing, project management, marketing and supply chain.
• Performs complex engineering assignments, involving product design, testing and process studies, or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques.
• Participates in engineering/design activities and maintains effective communications with team members. Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group.
• Prepares complex packaging layouts, design concepts, and visual aids for developing analysis and improvement of product. Drives design innovation on new product development using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc.
• Utilizes the understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs. Acts as a technical resource for internal and external customers.
• Responds to customer inquiry regarding product function and design. Root cause failure analysis. Utilize Failure Mode Effects Analysis FMEA, and Design for Manufacturing/Assembly DFMA methodologies in product development.
• Minimum education for this position is a Bachelor / Masters in Mechanical Engineering or Automobile engineering with demonstrated experience in leading technical engineering organization.
• 3-5 /1-3 years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization including experience in organization leadership role.
Good analytical skills in mechanical disciplines. knowledge of various truck transmissions, its sub systems & components. Knowledge of castings & forgings, basic knowledge of manufacturing process (gear & spline cutting, casting, forgings etc.,). Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers. Experience with CAD, FEA, CFD, Thermal, Vibration and Critical Speed analysis. Design knowledge of spring, seals, bearings, lubrication and system integration.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.