Combined Insurance AVP, Agile Program Manager, Digital Analytics in United States
The Agile Program Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering rapid and extreme development projects that deliver exceptional business value. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using Agile and/or Scrum methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The APM may play a number of different roles in actual practice:
- At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
- In performing these roles, the APM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team Building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile, Scrum and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software, data management or analytics projects using Agile methodologies including 8 years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a Cloud based data and analytics development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level data management projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 on-shore and/or off-shore team members including Architects, Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management and DevOps tools such as Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, ELK, Nagios, etc.
- Microsoft Project, Visio, Clarity and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb serves the property and casualty insurance needs of businesses of all sizes in a broad range of industries. We also provide specialized insurance products, such as personal accident, supplemental health, and life insurance, to individuals in select countries. Our reinsurance operations include both property and casualty and life.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health, dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, and tuition reimbursement. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website.
Please direct any questions regarding this opportunity to Megan Furlano.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: AVP, Agile Program Manager, Digital Analytics
Requisition ID: 312865