Combined Insurance AVP Legal Operations – Outside Counsel Management in United States
Chubbis the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide.
*Position Description – AVP/VP, Legal Operations – Outside Counsel Management: *
Based in Philadelphia, PA or Whitehouse Station, NJ, this position manages the business relationships of the law firms and other legal services providers and the global matter management and legal billing system for the Chubb Office of General Counsel (“OGC”), as well as facilitates processes to effectively drive system results, improve output, and resolve associated issues on a global basis, both internally and with outside vendors. Will coordinate activities that involve both outside law firms and other third parties providing services to Chubb. Essential for succeeding in this position are excellent decision making, communication, organizational, and planning skills, and the capability to effectively deal with all levels of management.
This position will also oversee legal spend analysis and reporting, as well as preparation for and presentation on such topics to senior management. The AVP/VP, Legal Operations – Outside Counsel Management will be a part of the Global Legal Operations team which oversees financial reporting and budgets, legal project management, OGC tools and technologies, and other areas of tracking and management reporting.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
· Managing the business relationships of the law firms and other legal services providers who represent the company and its insureds through establishment of approved panels, setting of rates, terms and engagement guidelines, creation of alternative fee arrangement programs, and administration of processes to identify and manage waivers of conflicts of interest and the use of non-panel firms and legal services providers.
· Deployment and management of the information technology infrastructure supporting the company’s legal department and litigation management processes, including electronic legal, compliance and regulatory billing, matter, and automated workflow support tools.
· Establishment and oversight of the legal and litigation data infrastructure, housing the data related to the use and performance of counsel by the company and its insureds.
· Creation and deployment of the analytics and related reporting tools used by the company’s legal department and litigation functions in managing legal and litigation processes.
· Management of the professionals and processes involved in the review, adjustment and payment of legal invoices on behalf of the company and its insureds.
· Identification and pursuit of opportunities to create new sources of value for the company and its insureds through innovation and industry leadership.
· Build strong relationships within legal and compliance organizations, project teams and vendors.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills; attention to details; and negotiating abilities.
In executing these responsibilities, this position will advance the shared goals of achieving the best available legal outcomes at the best value for the company and its insureds by partnering closely with the leaders of the company’s various legal, compliance and litigation, and other professionals in the Legal Operations team.
- 7 years’ overall law firm and vendor management experience, including strong negotiating abilities
- 7 years’ experience with matter management and legal billing systems, including electronic invoicing and/or legal case management database programs
- P&C Insurance/Reinsurance experience a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to drive results; strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with teams
Compatibility with the Chubb North America Office of General Counsel’s (“OGC”) Core Competencies:
The OGC is committed to providing best-in-class legal and compliance services to Chubb’s business units and support groups. The OGC emphasizes teamwork, expertise and a “can-do” attitude. The OGC is committed to constant improvement and adding value for its clients. The OGC takes pride in delivering consistent customer satisfaction, advancing self-development among team members, and participating in company and team initiatives – all with a focus on superior execution.
/Chubb offers a competitive salary plus cash bonus, equity opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including life, health, dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan with a generous company match, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress./
Sound like the right job for you? For consideration, please apply below. If you’d like additional information about Chubb, please visit our website atwww.new.chubb.com
Title: AVP Legal Operations – Outside Counsel Management
Requisition ID: 315308