Farmers Insurance Claims Trainee - Liability - Federal Way, WA in United States
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Investigates, determines liability, confirms coverage, establishes damages, and negotiates settlement of claims. Will also be required to maintain an active adjusters license in states where required.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in an intensive training program in a supervised learning environment, which includes training in claims investigation, liability determination, coverage confirmation, establishing damages, and negotiation of claims settlement.
- The training will also include current claims systems, processes and strategy.
- Employees will be required to complete an exam with a passing grade at certain phases of the training.
- Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases.
- Has the authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits, with supervisory review and approval.
- Adjusts all types of claims. Inspects damaged property and vehicles, and determines claims related damage.
- Estimates the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or stolen property and vehicles. Determines and reports on subrogation potential.
- Initiates the sale of salvage vehicles, personal property, and miscellaneous salvage items.
- Reports theft, fraud, and arson losses as required to state and industry agencies.
- Performs most duties on an individual basis, and work has a direct bearing on Management results.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Personal contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons’ incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing, Speaking (English), Climbing Reaching, Standing, Key entering, Reading (English), Walking, Kneeling, Seeing, Writing (English).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: uncontrolled outside environmental conditions, excessive noise levels, chemicals such as Chemical/Biological conditions, moving mechanical parts, and areas considered dangerous conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
Four-year college degree required.
Customer service experience, preferably in a retail environment.
Special Skill Requirement
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Good computer skills such as proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency use of smart phones and apps.
- Valid driver's license
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Claims Trainee - Liability - Federal Way, WA
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 1700071H