Combined Insurance Data Scientist - Global Data Architecture in United States
Ideal candidate for this role is someone with a strong background in computer programming, statistics, and data science who is eager to tackle problems with large, complex datasets using the latest python, R, and/or Spark. You are a self-starter who will take ownership of your projects and deliver high-quality data-driven analytics solutions. You are adept at solving diverse business problems by utilizing a variety of different tools, strategies, algorithms and programming languages.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics or other quantitative field
· Expertise in statistical programming with at least one language such as Python, R, Scala or SAS
· Experience working with large, complex datasets including data transformation operations such as dataset merging, data cleansing, imputation of missing values, and other operations related to exploratory data analysis
· Ability to analyze patterns within datasets and to use those patterns to tell a story about the data
· Experience developing data visualizations using a tool such as Matplotlib (python), Shiny (R), Spark, or R
· Highly proficiency in SQL
· Ability to effectively present and explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
· Experience developing predictive models and/or deep learning algorithms
· Machine learning libraries for Python (scikit-learn, pandas, scipy, numpy, etc) and/or Spark
· Experience working with text data, NLP, NLTK, and text search (i.e. Solr)
· Experience in parallel, distributed systems with technologies such as Hadoop and Hive
· Linux command line and scripting experience
· Experience working with unstructured text, images and/or voice data
· Build efficient, scalable and resilient analytics models, data pipeline and transformation processes of many/all types of source data both internal and external.
· Assess business analytics needs, develop strategies to address them, be hands-on with data mining & performing advanced analytics, and delivering quality solution.
· Providing consistent assessment of the accuracy of data solutions that are deriving variables from a complex mix of data and mathematical/statistical models.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Data Scientist - Global Data Architecture
Requisition ID: 311914