Combined Insurance Director, Strategic Programs in United States
Combined Insurance, is seeking aDirector, SPOto join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company. We are proud of our tradition of success in the insurance industry of over 90 years. Come join our team of hard-working, talented professionals!
The Director, SPO is responsible for leading all aspects of the project planning and delivery process for a number of strategic projects. These projects may vary in scope, budget, team size and complexity, but are considered to be large and strategic to the organization by senior management. This individual will provide business consulting, project management, change management, analytical support, and implementation leadership for all assigned projects.
- Partner with senior executives and employees across business and technology functions to facilitate and lead translation of strategic goals into tangible solutions
- Lead all stages of a project’s lifecycle, including scope definition, creation of the quantitative business case, development of business requirements and IT estimates, and obtaining approval by the appropriate governing bodies
- Drive innovation, best practices, and achievement of strategic objectives
- Lead project timelines and ensure milestones are successfully met through oversight of project vehicles and coordination of resources
- Facilitate corporate decision-making process for selecting, optimizing, and executing strategic initiatives that produce benefits based on the organization’s strategic plan and available resources.
- Lead programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of strategic programs for the organization.
- Communicate the status, risk and issues associated with each project component to the Senior Management team and to key stakeholders within the organization; ensure that project outcomes are achieved.
- Provide analysis of project, including business case, ROI, and post-project review to senior management
- Implement programs using experience in the insurance industry including PMP or BA or Six Sigma training
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Strong consultative and client engagement skills
- Ability to lead and manage projects from an overall business perspective
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to motivate and influence others without direct reporting relationships
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- High degree of fluency in Microsoft Office; strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and Visio
- 7 years of progressive, insurance, business consulting or project management experience; insurance industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience leading new product development, business transformation, customer operations enhancements, change management, and/or large technology implementations
- Experience facilitating workshops or focus groups
- Strong knowledge of business and technology issues relevant to C-level insurance executives
- Cross-functional understanding or knowledge of the insurance industry
- Mix of business savvy, insurance industry experience, and services experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), BA or Six Sigma training strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
As a Combined corporate employee, you have access to one of the most comprehensive benefit plans in the business, designed to meet your needs and help you reach your financial goals. Our Company is committed to supporting its employees with a comprehensive compensation package that is appropriate in the market where they work. Below are several of the many benefits we offer our employees:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- A company-match 401(k) plan
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee referral bonuses
ABOUT COMBINED INSURANCE
Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. With a field sales force and corporate staff in excess of 5,000 people worldwide, Combined Insurance meets the growing coverage needs of policyholders around the globe. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded, and ethical. We invest in our employees and take the time to focus on their development, needs and career aspirations.
Our parent company is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 54 countries, the Company provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Connect with us onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedIn, andGoogle
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Director, Strategic Programs
Requisition ID: 315319