Combined Insurance Executive Underwriter- Life Sciences in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is currently seeking experienced Life Sciences underwriting professionals for the New York, NY or Chicago, IL offices. We have an opportunity available within the Major Accounts Division
Chubb Major Accounts
The Chubb Major Accounts Division is seeking an Executive Underwriter (level can depend on experience) to manage a book consisting mainly of product liability programs for large Life Sciences customers. These programs often include multiple foreign policies. The individual in this role will manage key broker relationships and ensure profitability and growth of the Chubb Life Sciences book in these territories. Experience managing large accounts and brokers is critical. Surplus lines license preferred.
Chubb Commercial Insurance has an opportunity available for a Senior or Executive Underwriter to join its Technology Insurance Specialty Practice with a focus on Life Sciences. The main responsibilities will include: financial performance, including profit, rate, retention, and identifying cross-sell opportunities of a book of commercial business consisting of Life Science accounts; underwrite and negotiate new lines and renewals on a commercial lines portfolio of $7M to $9M in Life Science business; and develop and maintain strong relationships with brokers in order to successfully produce, manage and grow our business. Lines of business include commercial package, product liability, automobile, umbrella, workers compensation, and international lines including foreign clinical trial policies for Life Sciences business.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advanced risk analysis associated with life sciences product liability and clinical trial liability. It includes the identification of complex exposures and development of appropriate pricing based on underwriting criteria, company guidelines, and authority level.
- Strong interpersonal skills for client and broker interaction
- Negotiate and demonstrate Chubb’s value proposition to customers in order to achieve bottom line profitability results for the Company.
- Comply with company filings when evaluating and selecting risks eligible for admitted program.
- Demonstrate technical, analytical (ie. contractual, financial, products liability) and decision making abilities to reach business goals.
- Research and analyze Life Sciences industry trends, competitor products and distribution systems.
- Maintains service standards with timely response to agent/broker requests and referrals.
- Coordinates as necessary with various departments, including Financial, Claims, Legal, Global Services and National Servicing Department. Qualifications:
- 5 years of underwriting experience
- Primary and Excess Casualty underwriting experience, or Life Sciences industry expertise (direct, risk management or broker experience); strong product liability and general liability experience
- Developed and mature, productive long term agency/broker relationships
- Extensive knowledge of coverage and rating associated with life sciences business
- Solid knowledge of commercial underwriting with the ability to analyze risks, adhere to underwriting strategies, prioritize the gathering of underwriting data, and clearly communicate a well thought out underwriting approach
- Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge with experience handling Life Science business is preferred
- Strong analytical skills including financial analysis
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Ability to effectively interact at all levels of with both internal and external business partners Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Executive Underwriter- Life Sciences
Requisition ID: 316160