Combined Insurance Executive Underwriter in United States
Chubb Tempest Re USA
Located in Stamford, Connecticut, we sell property & casualty treaty reinsurance products to domestic insurance companies and alternative risk vehicles. We reinsure diverse & unique client portfolios that offer our underwriting & claims professional’s exposure to all types of interesting structures & risks.
We are seeking to hire a senior underwriter who wants to explore new challenges. The position requires a technical underwriting foundation with a general understanding of insurance & reinsurance concepts. We empower our underwriters to take initiative and offer a significant contribution to our operation’s success.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Solicit, underwrite, negotiate & produce treaty reinsurance portfolios of business
- Create a network of relationships with reinsurance brokers & insurance company senior management
- Perform data analytics, underwriting audits, & research & development on held and prospective books of business
- Engage other internal business units for cross selling opportunities and work collaboratively to develop a pipeline with our major trading partners
Major Job Requirements**
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant underwriting experience; casualty underwriting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Actuarial or Finance; CPCU designation a plus
- Understanding of policy language, policy structure, exposure analysis, policy pricing
- Comprehension of basic actuarial science & reinsurance concepts
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation, analytical and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Title: Executive Underwriter
Requisition ID: 315587