McKesson National Sales Director, Pharmacy HVS in United States
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson High Volume Solutions, we provide pharmacies with the technology based solutions used to manage their workflow and business operations. These include central pharmacy automation solutions and services that help to provide better care, better business and better results.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson High Volume Solutions you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies to patients. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson’s High Volume Solutions is seeking an experienced Sales Director for the Retail, Mail and Specialty pharmacy business segments with proven track record of repeatable and documented success in selling technology solutions. The sales executive will be titled National Sales Director – HVS Sales and will be focused on selling automated prescription fulfillment solutions to the above mentioned market spaces. The position will be responsible for both sales of the product and becoming the subject matter expert on the solution to internal and external stakeholders and other sales associates.
Preferred candidates will have previous experience in successful selling large capital goods into this technology market. Preferred candidates will have experience managing communications and outcomes up and down within the organization.
This position will be remote based and requires up to 50% overnight travel.
Core responsibility for automated prescription fulfillment sales to new and existing customers. Develops new business opportunities. Conducts opportunity assessment for all accounts and defines overall account strategy. Develops appropriate relationships with key decision makers / business owners. Where applicable, develops One McKesson account plan for customer. Leads the “discovery process” and analysis/qualification for applicability of the solution into the market segments. Works with Legal to negotiate and navigate the contracting process. Manages customer satisfaction and proactively resolves customer issues that remain open from the sale. Understands customer processes and decision drivers as well as their current and future needs. Identifies new ways of creating value with customers. Develops knowledge about automated system function and performance, becomes the subject matter expert (SME) and is the spokesperson for the model with internal/external stakeholders as well as other sales associates in the adjacent sales space. Is able to articulate the ROI of system/solution utilization. Coordinates with other McKesson teams and Business Units as appropriate.
• Achieves annual unit quota goal in sales bookings in assigned territory.
• Appropriately logs and forecasts all territory sales activities in SFDC or other sales tools as required
• Demonstrates appropriate level of knowledge regarding solution products, services and business partners. Ability to independently determine “best fit” for customer through discovery process.
• Answers questions concerning product and services in a timely manner.
• Becomes the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the solution design and function, and go-to resource for questions and advice from internal/external stake holders and adjacent sales associates.
• Leads contract negotiations with customer and works closely with McKesson Legal/Finance as appropriate.
• Accurately documents sales expenses and works within McKesson Travel and Expense policy.
• Interprets accounts, trends, and records to management and teammates
• Appropriately gathers market and competitive intelligence and shares internally where appropriate.
• Works in conjunction with other Business Units to maximize the McKesson value proposition to the customer
8 years new account sales experience
• 8 years sales experience in pharmacy technical sales or consultative sales within the Pharmacy Retail, Mail or Specialty business segments.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to demonstrate technical solutions to the customer
• Ability to develop and present cost benefit models to senior level pharmacy personnel / owners
• Experience with cold calling to generate new business
• Successful integration into the rest of the HVS sales and leadership team
• Articulate and analytical.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Healthcare sales experience is highly preferred
• Ability to successfully work remotely and independently
• Thorough knowledge of assigned product(s), company functions, marketing and/or service policies and procedures and excellent communication skills
4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Ability to travel up to 50%
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: New Account Rep 4
Job: Sales/Client Management
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: National Sales Director, Pharmacy HVS
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 17005045
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern