Combined Insurance Sr. Business Analyst - Small Commercial Insurance in United States
This position will have responsibility for coordination of Business / Systems Analysis activities forSmall Commercial Strategic Platform– Planning and delivery, in collaboration with the SCI Business partners and Internal / External IT partners. This program consists of the following major components: * Transaction and Servicing Portal * Integration with Policy Admin systems – Duck Creek and Insurity Policy Decisions * Operational Data Extract and Reporting/Analytics * Business Process Management (BPM)/Workflow system * Integrations with internal and external data/service providers * Integration with Agency Management Systems for Upload/Download capabilities * Integration with external Insurance Aggregators such as CoverHound, and Insureon
Primary Job Responsibilities • Understands the overall business vision for Small commercial insurance and work with the business partners from Underwriting, Operation, Business solutions and Product Development to review, analyze, and evaluates business needs for different components of the strategic platform. · Responsible for development, documentation and communication of business requirements (use cases and data mapping) for integrations between for the components on the Small commercial strategic platform. · Responsible for identifying data gaps in various reporting data sources and working with technical and business resources to fill the gaps based on the business reporting needs. · Responsible for data validation between various reporting data sources. * Work closely with Business Analyst to clearly outline the system requirements and act as business analysts for some components.
Identify dependencies between different components of the program / project and bring to the attention of key stakeholders and project manager to help identify them in the plan.
· Collaborate with business partner, business analysts and appropriate stakeholders to define project scope. · Responsible for business requirements throughout the SDLC. · Collaborate with Project Manager to manage scope, manage business partner expectations, provide input into the identification of risks to delivering solutions and input into to mitigation plans. · Follow the change control process as defined by the IT organization. · Accountable for meeting the project milestones in an extremely fast paced environment • Collaborate with business and technical resources and participate in working sessions to provide input to the solution design; ensure business needs are appropriately addressed through the recommended solution. • Provide input to the QSS team’s Test strategy and approach to ensure that the designed solutions satisfy the business requirements. • Collaborate and support business partners to develop acceptance criteria and a plan to facilitate user acceptance testing to ensure that the solution meets the business needs. • Initiate, conduct and facilitate discussions with multiple stakeholders, and translate the results and issues at hand to the business and IT teams. • Provide regular updates and communicate business concerns or feedback to the Project
• Complete smoke test in production and test environments during deployments of major components or enhancements.
• Share production on-call responsibilities with other members of the team.
- Additional Recommended Responsibilities:*
Business Partnership • Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of business process and products across IT and the department. • Use active listening skills to understand & define business objectives/needs and requirements.
Teamwork • Demonstrate strong ability to work in a team environment and foster cross-team collaboration. • Create a strong morale and spirit in team through fostering open dialogue and collaborative atmosphere.
• Promote the use of knowledge management and knowledge sharing processes and tools. • Ensure documentation is captured appropriately and is easily assessable to team members.
Recommended Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field. • 6 years of relevant IT industry work experience including system analysis, SDLC management, and infrastructure planning and/or operations. • 4 years business analysis experience with insurance policy administration systems is required. • Experience with Property & Casualty products geared towards small commercial customers (BOP, Auto, Work Comp, Umbrella) and / or Professional Lines products is a must. * Experience with vendor solutions such as Accenture / Duck Creek and Insurity / Policy Decisions is preferred. * Must possess a good level of understanding of Insurance transactions and business workflow in a straight through processing environment. * Experience in digital user experience with Agent facing portal and external third party vendor integrations such as Dun and Brad street, LexisNexis etc. is desirable. • Must be detail-oriented and thorough with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines. • Must be flexible and effective at multi-tasking withstrong ability to manage and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives; • Establishes a positive working relationship with IT staff and business partners. • Must possess productive & excellent verbal and written communication skills. • Effective in a variety of formal/informal meeting/ presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups. • Must be pro-active with issue identification and resolution. • Must be experienced with the entire systems development life cycle. • Strong understanding of IT environments, technologies in relation to the business needs. • Proven practical experience with analysis and/or support to IT business processes. • Strong ability to perform analysis of small to medium complex business, workflow, and technology issues to support decision-making. • Must have the ability to work effectively with business partners, IT management, and project team members. • Must have productive leadership skills in order to influence project stakeholders when appropriate.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Sr. Business Analyst - Small Commercial Insurance
Requisition ID: 311271