Combined Insurance Workers Compensation Claim Associate in United States
Professional Associate - Workers Compensation Claim Associate
This Workers Compensation Claim Associate position is part of an entry-level training program that begins with an overview of the Chubb organization, while also developing a progressive knowledge and understanding of the property and casualty insurance industry. In tandem with your business and insurance acumen development, you will develop basic investigation, negotiation, and claim evaluation skills as you work to attain an understanding of the Claim role within Chubb. Chubb managers will provide a combination of classroom and on-the-job training to ensure our Trainees are successfully prepared to assume full Claim handling responsibilities.
The position will work in an office environment and may require a minimal amount of work outside of the office. Travel to other locations for training may be required.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
- Complete accurate and timely loss investigations, analysis of medical information as well as claim evaluations
- Make decisions regarding claim exposures and claim settlements
- Understanding legal proceedings and how insurance matters are handled by the courts
- Timely and appropriate communication with internal and external customers relative to account trends, service issues and large losses
- Consistently demonstrate fundamentally sound claim handling practices by achieving compliance in areas to include: investigation, coverage, loss assessment, and case management
- Building and maintaining productive relationships with internal and external customers, including clients, underwriting and service teams, and agents
- Establish, document and execute appropriate strategies to bring early resolution to assigned claims
Recognize and properly address coverage issues, potential fraud, and subrogation
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 1-2 years previous work experience, preferably in a customer service environment, is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A personal commitment to superior performance that adds value to our company
- Consultation, sales and marketing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and build relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting technical information
- Sound decision making skills
- Strong PC skills including; Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and leadership skills
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are required
- An ability to adapt to new ideas and situations
A willingness to use creative thinking to overcome obstacles and an ability to develop creative approaches to solving customer problems
Licensing: You must obtain and maintain required adjuster licenses within 90 days of hire.
Training:Trainees will spend 1 week in our Phoenix office, and attend other technical seminars as needed. The training will involve a wide range of knowledge and skill development, including:o Cultivating relationships with internal clients (e.g. underwriters) o Developing the ability to analyze initial claim reports o Developing an understanding of the legal system o Understanding how to effectively investigate and document findings o Understanding Chubb’s products to appropriately determine coverage o Learning to interpret and apply insurance contracts o Learning how to negotiate and structure settlements
Title: Workers Compensation Claim Associate
Requisition ID: 314279