Hilton Baker IV - Casual in Wailea, Hawaii
A Baker IV is responsible for preparing/producing/baking breads, rolls, breakfast pastries and desserts according to standard recipies, in order to contribute the the overall guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
A Baker IV is responsible for preparing/producing/baking breads, rolls, breakfast pastries and desserts according to standard recipies, in order to contribute the the overall guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepares/produces/bakes all breakfast pastries, breads, rolls and some desserts for restaurants and banquets
- Keeps adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration of same.
- Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products. Develop new products for a la carte and catering menus on a rotating basis
- Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs of the particular outlet/function
- Set daily pars on all products to ensure freshness.
- Utilize any and all leftovers into usable products
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School graduate or equivalent required. Culinary or pastry apprenticeship preferred. National Servsafe or State Board of Health Food Handling Certification preferred.
Basic baking experience
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
State of Hawaii Tuberculosis
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Skilled baker
- Knife handling, pastry & baked goods knowledge.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Baker IV - Casual
Requisition ID: HOT04JAL