Kaiser Permanente Assistant Manager Unit Inpatient in Wailuku, Hawaii
In collaboration with the nurse manager, supervises the implementation, delivery and evaluation/improvement of quality patient care/nursing operations and services that add value and are integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcomes measures, as well as with departmental, business and organizational goals/objectives.
Essential Responsibilities: - In collaboration with the nurse manager, supervises the delivery of nursing services and patient care within one unit(s) which are integrated with business and department plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and utilization standards and performance measures. - Ensures that unit(s) services meet members', physician and internal clients' needs in a changing competitive health care market.
- Ensures patient care and quality standards are met and comply with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures, utilization and clinical/performance standards and measures.
- Supervises and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care within the unit.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of the unit(s); monitors quality service and utilization standards; Supervises shift(s) activities and delivery of patient care.
- Supervises unit(s) day- to- day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets fiscal management, and quality improvement.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development and the delivery of patient care.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level.
- Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of unit(s) personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Works with health care providers to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum.
- Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models developed in unit(s) or by other units.
- Investigates and resolves patient/family/member concerns regarding patient care.
- Supervises the daily unit(s) operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - Minimum three (3) years of clinical nursing experience relevant to a given position/department required including one (1) year of management, supervisory, or leadership* experience. Education
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing. License, Certification, Registration
Valid Hawaii RN license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure).
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Leadership experience will be permissible for Kaiser Permanente internal applicants only and is defined by the following criteria: Demonstrated clinical nursing leadership as a Charge/Senior RN, participation on professional committees inclusive of UBTs, National Certification in Specialty, and/or demonstrated experiential exposure to Nursing Leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement and clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, JCAHO and other federal, state and local regulatory requirements interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Assistant Manager Unit InpatientLOCATION Wailuku, HIREQNUMBER 626835
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.