Kaiser Permanente Learning Technology Specialist Consultant IV in Walnut Creek, California
You will work within Kaiser Permanente-s Enterprise Learning Department in a diverse learning technologist role that will span between supporting customer requests and system enhancement projects by facilitating, recommending, testing, and implementing the most effective learning solutions and technologies to effectively support and develop our 200K+ employee population. Your responsibilities will include facilitating internal customer requests for integration and deployment of online content (SCORM, AICC, X-API, external vendors) with the enterprise learning management system (Saba Cloud); consulting with customers and a matrix team of specialists to identify issues, recommendations, alternate solutions, or additional services. Your responsibilities will also include participating and/or testing Saba Cloud enhancement projects, integration with other KP systems, and learning development tools to identify opportunities, challenges, and changes. You will work in a dynamic, team-oriented, and customer-focused environment with other technologists, developers, consultants, system owners, IT, project managers, and leaders. Excellent people, communications, and team skills will be as important as technical skills. You must be self-motivated to explore ideas, solutions, research, and learn from others to continue to develop your expertise to optimize the value of your role, your team, and your customers.
- Gains thorough understanding of customer-s needs, goals, and proposed solutions, and manages customer requests for integration with the enterprise learning management system (Saba Cloud).
- Reviews proposed solutions and/or works with a team of specialists, system owners, and/or IT to identify potential issues, recommendations, alternate solutions, or additional services, and guides customers as appropriate; may perform technical deployments and updates, and technical troubleshooting of the learning management system, courses, browsers, and end-user mobile and desktop devices.
- Participates in testing and/or coordination of Saba Cloud enhancements (including mobile, collaboration, assessments, X-API, 508 compliance, etc), integration with other systems, and learning development tools, and gives input to implementation, change management, and training plans.
- Develops and maintains current knowledge of learning technologies, learning best practices, our technical environment (systems, end-user devices, mobile apps, network), workforce needs, and recommends, participates, and/or leads changes or innovations.
- Develops and maintains excellent communications and working relationships with a diverse team of technologists, developers, system owners, IT, customers, and leaders in a matrix environment.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - Minimum eight (8) years of progressive experience in learning, instructional design, instructional delivery, instructional technology, or e-learning applications required. Education - Bacherlor's degree with emphasis in human resources, training, e-learning, training/learning technology, education, or a related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required. - High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. License, Certification, Registration - N/A.
Additional Requirements: - Demonstrated extensive knowledge of business operations, management practices and principles, and human resources management trends and practices. - Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems. - Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. - Full knowledge of industry practices. - Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields. - Proficient in use of: word processing, spreadsheets & scheduling software. - Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Learning Technology Specialist Consultant IVLOCATION Walnut Creek, CAREQNUMBER 609147
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.