Thermo Fisher Scientific Director, Global Market Intelligence, Insights and Analytics in Waltham, Massachusetts
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Global Market Intelligence, Insights and Analytics Director, leads the Insight and Analytics team. This team has responsibility for the development and execution of market and customer insights to grow Laboratory Products globally, transform the customer experience, and increase EBITA. This position requires critical thinking, a strong combination of quantitative and qualitative analysis, creativity, leadership, and collaboration. Candidate will work with leaders across the organization to consolidate customer data, create relevant insights, and help the Divisions’ Marketing leaders set strategy, implement, and measure customer-focused and market-focused initiatives.
The candidate will have a passion for analytics, and the ability to own and conduct complete business analyses; including the end to end research, assessment, recommendation and implementation requirements for success. This role is responsible for evaluating new business opportunities big and small. This person will provide a holistic, objective and analytical viewpoint of the market and commercial opportunities through ongoing situation analysis and understanding of market dynamics, customer needs and competitive activities.
· Achieve Division’s annual revenue goals and marketing expense budget
· Provides leadership in designing and maintaining market and competitor information to support the Division’s strategic, business planning and product development goals. To include:
o Demand and volume forecasting
o Competitive intelligence, including market share
o Assessment of market trends
o Impact of technology and innovation
o Clinical, regulatory assessment and gaps
o Prevalent market practices
o New product and market opportunities
· Develops analytic models for evaluating new markets and new market opportunities using publicly available information along with purchased data. Develop business plan and financial justification to support new ideas and opportunities.
· Is responsible to identify and assess new market opportunities in the laboratory products space. Develop business case and make recommendations to management on most promising opportunities.
· Responsible for pro-actively communicating relevant market trends and supporting business recommendations to the marketing community and senior leadership.
· Identifies critical opportunities to expand product and workflow solution offerings and to optimize the global positioning of division. Collaborates cross-functionally to develop compelling clinical and economic value propositions.
· Presents market analysis to cross functional teams to build market knowledge and support development of marketing plans for all products in specific regions or worldwide.
· Distill data, develop and present executive level summaries of key takeaways of market trends as related to new product planning, market plans, brand strength, competitive position and other changes in the business environment.
· Manage external market research vendors in terms of participating in selection, defining goals, process, output and budget. Ensure business objectives are met from the research outcomes. Interpret and present market research data that will contribute to high impact marketing and business strategies.
· Brings customer centric thinking to the product development process to ensure new products meet real customer needs and present significant business opportunities. May lead projects to strengthen and capitalize on product development opportunities and strategic partnerships.
· Leads the annual Strategic Planning process for the Division. Complete long-range planning processes, including long-range forecasting and strategic planning
· Responsible to build the tools and processes to tracks, measure, monitor and communicate LPD marketing KPIs, ecommerce dashboards, budgets and ROI
· Role is responsible for managing 2 direct report
· BA/BS in business or technical field required; MBA, preferred
· Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience
· High sense of urgency and results orientation
· Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, achievement oriented environment
· Proven ability to coach, manage and mentor to create a high performance team of marketing analysts
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.