AmeriHealth Caritas Behavioral Health Care Manager, MSW in Washington, District Of Columbia
Behavioral Health Care Manager, MSW
Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
The Care Manager is responsible for acting as a liaison between the Behavioral Health department and providers / members to provide care coordination and care management services. They will be responsible for outreach activity with members and providers and will document all activity in the member’s medical record in the electronic documentation system.
Job Related Requirements/Knowledge/Qualification/Skills/Abilities
Required Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) and a valid, unrestricted Washington,DC license (i.e.LGSW, LICSW)
The degree must be from an institution that is fully accredited by a nationally recognized educational accreditation organization and the individual must have completed a supervised field experience in case management, health or behavioral health as part of the degree requirement.
- Current Certification in Case Management (CCM) or eligible to take exam within 24 months of date of hire.
- Required 3-5 years’ experience in behavioral health/human services or other equivalent background and experience that would translate well to this position.
- Required data entry/typing experience. PC skills and experience utilizing Microsoft Office.
- Required customer service, previous telephone experience and previous experience in an office setting and/or doctor’s office/ hospital.
- Required knowledge of human services system.
- Required strong written and verbal communication skills ability to perform multiple tasks, excellent interpersonal skills and organization/time management skills.
- Required ability to work effectively in a team environment.