CACI International Cloud Engineer / Architect in Washington, District Of Columbia
CACI, National Security Solutions has an immediate opportunity for a Cloud Architect to provide cutting edge services within the Intelligence Community.
The selected candidate will take on the role of an Amazon Web Services Architect. The candidate must be knowledgeable in the software development life cycle and be able design, document, and migrate applications, and have strong familiarity with the Amazon Web Services arena. The candidate will lead efforts to support migration which include documenting baselines and designs for both custom developed applications and COTS application suites. The candidate will also work with the Cloud maintainers to define required resources, and provide requirements to and operational procedures for apps to the Cloud maintenance team. The candidate must be able to brief technical solutions to customers and peers.
Position requires the ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret / SCI with DHS EOD
Constructs the overall system architecture of technical solutions, to include external and internal interface analysis, internal interface definition, and functional requirement allocations.
Performs disciplined systems architectures as it relates to technical solutions. Establishes system architectural design and functional requirements for technical solutiosn, to include external and internal interface analysis, definition and requirement allocation. Works with cutting edge technologies and innovative equipment to design, develop, analyze, and execute technical solutions in support of customer architectural and engineering development and requirements, and evaluation and analysis of current and future technology. Identifies discrepancies between the enterprise technical architecture and systems designs proposed by project teams, and assist project teams in resolving the discrepancies. Builds and uses analysis models and techniques to support the evaluation of current and proposed future architectures. Identifies architectural and technology risks with the potential to impact customer or company plans; develops goals and plans to mitigate risks. Defines IT architecture issues and allocates requirements. Identifies hardware and software architectural needs and solutions. Designs protocols applicable to assigned projects and system needs. Designs real-time software applications on selected platforms. Establishes project development practices to achieve reliable results. May act as an advisor to IS system engineers and proposes changes to the enterprise technical architecture based on analysis of requirements and new technology. Works closely with systems users to provide guidance in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns. Adheres to configuration management and documentation practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related (large-scale information system architecture) experience.
• Typically requires a BA/BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline or equivalent, and 6 years of related experience.
• Six years Plus experience performing the below tasks
• Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment. (CentOS, RedHat, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7)
• Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
• Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalls.
• Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging).
• Knowledge of AWS deployment tools (e.g., Squid, Puppet, Chef)
• Web development experience
• Good understanding of engineering processes and creating documents
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Database interfacing and/or DBA experience: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
• Experience with at least one application migration to Amazon Web Services
• Experience with Joomla
• Familiarity with development on Windows operating systems: Windows Server 2008, Windows 7
• Experience with Lotus Notes Databases (as we are converting data from Lotus to other repositories)
• Development experience in Java
• Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc. for automation of web server and web application deployments
• AWS Certification
• Experience with any of the following:
o Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
o Auto Scaling for Linux
o AWS Elastic Beanstalk
o Auditing Changes to Amazon EC2 Security Groups
o Amazon DynamoDB
o Amazon Redshift
o AWS OpsWorks
o AWS Tools for Powershell
o Amazon CloudWatch
o Using Dynamic Registration and Dashboards for Amazon EC2 Instances
o Amazon CloudFront for Dynamic Content Acceleration
o Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
o Elastic Block Store (EBS)
o Elastic Load Balancing
o Simple Storage Service (S3)
o AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
o Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.