Comcast VP 1, Field Operations in Washington, District Of Columbia
Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) ( www.comcast.com ) is one of the world's leading media, entertainment and communication companies. Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.
Xfinity® TV: Comcast Cable is the nation’s largest video provider and its Xfinity TV service offers customers the best viewing experience and entertainment choices live on TV and on demand across multiple platforms. Customers can watch more than 75,000 TV shows and movies across Xfinity On Demand, XfinityTV.com and on mobile devices, such as the iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch® through the Xfinity TV app anytime, anywhere.
Xfinity® Internet: Comcast is the nation’s largest residential ISP with an advances fiber-optic network that offers the best of speeds and reliability as well as exceptional online content. Comcast was recently names the fastest Internet Service Provider by PC Magazine.
Xfinity® Voice: An innovative and reliable IP-enabled home phone service that delivers all of the functions of traditional phone service, plus enhanced features that are integrated with other Comcast services.
Xfinity® Home: A broadband-based security and home control and energy management solution that combines traditional home security components, state-of-the-art home management features and a sophisticated platform that integrates Comcast’s products and services.
Comcast Business Class: Backed by industry-leading, 24/7 tech class support, Comcast provides advances communication solutions to small and mid-sized organizations to help them meet their business objectives.
Comcast Spotlight: The advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers through advanced technologies and innovative products that reach audiences in the most effective and efficient ways.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operated a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Comcast-Spectacor: The Philadelphia-based sports and entertainment firm, which owns the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League, and the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA-home of the Flyers and the National Basketball Association’s Philadelphia 76ers.
Comcast Ventures: The venture capital affiliate of Comcast Corporation invests in innovative businesses that represent the next generation of entertainment, communications and digital technology by partnering with entrepreneurs who have the vision, passion and tenacity to succeed.
Responsible for the field operations serving in our Beltway Region serving approximately 2.0M subscribers and accounting for almost $4B in annual revenue. Provides overall leadership and direction to fulfillment and maintenance technicians. Drives change transformation and has responsibility for all key technical metrics including all categories of rework and market health. Works cross-functionally to create business strategy to focus on strengths, competitive advantage and differentiation. Incorporates broad knowledge to address complex, unusual, and critical issues. Develops long-term plans that impact the achievement of business results. Recognizes profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities. Demonstrates leadership versatility.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as the chief area resource to the company as it relates to: technical management and execution, and the development and deployment of new services and technology throughout the area.
- Analyzes the marketplace and overall needs unique to cable; develops and revises plans and recommendations to meet goals and objectives.
- Ensures the staff executes and delivers an exceptional customer experience by ensuring a well-executed service delivery process is in place. Partners with Regional and Divisional teams to drive efficiencies through the business and ensures the network and infrastructure supports a seamless delivery of products and services to customers.
- Develops and promotes professional growth and development of personnel on all Organizational levels to maintain continuity and efficiency in achieving goals and objectives.
- Serves as a focal point regarding impact of deploying new products and services on technical operations including: installation process, customer service integration, training, performance evaluation, and budget.
- Partners with other departments including, but not limited to: Marketing, Engineering, Safety, Training, and Customer Service to ensure successful product roll-out and integration.
- Oversees the management of large scale projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Creative thinker with demonstrated success implementing strategies that resulted in enterprise growth.
- Executive presence.
- A collaborative leader who thrives on taking a team approach to achieve success.
- Proven ability to deliver results through strong execution.
- Consultative approach to problem solving.
- Highly analytical with financial business acumen.
- Engaging with the ability to communicate and influence cross-functionally and at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial in nature, but capable of effectively driving progress in a large organization.
- Foster and maintain relationships at all levels.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations or related discipline. MS Preferred.
- 10 years related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing people within a decentralized (matrixed) organization.
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer