Hilton Manager, Feasibility & Investment Analysis – Europe & Africa in Watford, United Kingdom
Assume a supervisory role in Feasibility & Investment Analysis Team in Europe & Africa; responsibilities include supervision and oversight of junior colleagues’ work and assignments, client and project management relating to the group’s projects, ability to establish appropriate prioritization of projects and other administrative duties as required. Actively participates in multiple special projects, committees and other department initiatives, while taking team leadership role in at least one of these activities.
With no direct supervision, operates independently, performs work that is complex in nature and has latitude for actions and decisions with minimal review. The position requires the successful candidate to effectively manage complicated projects, show enthusiasm for collaboration with other departments, and be able to operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
Act as an internal consultant to various departments (Development, Real Estate & Asset Management, Operations, Finance, Executive Management), perform and create a variety of financial and investment analyses including but not limited to: market analysis, feasibility studies, asset management projects including lease valuations, assessments of real estate renovations, acquisition / disposition transactions, management & franchise contract valuation, impact studies, cash flow waterfalls, debt & equity investment NPVs and IRRs, M&A analysis, and special projects.
The role requires working effectively with other Hilton departments (Development, Real Estate, Operations, Legal, Architecture, Design & Construction, Pre-Opening, Finance and other). The candidate needs to have in-depth understanding of these departments and their function within the organization and maintain strong working relationships and a high level of credibility among the key stakeholders within these departments. The role demands the ability to engage in constructive discussions with team members from other departments (including senior executives), have an open mind to appreciate and confidence to challenge various opinions and arguments, while maintaining the highest level of integrity resulting in independent and unbiased assessments produced by the feasibility department.
The role requires the candidate to develop and maintain strong industry relationships with key regional stakeholders to develop an accurate understanding of regional hotel industry trends. The candidate is also expected to assume the Lead Underwriter role for a specific sub-region within the group’s area of coverage, including establishing underwriting framework for different brands and different markets, monitor consistency of work-product, develop and maintain key internal and external relationships, and act as the group’s key representative within this sub-region
Additionally, the position expects the candidate to support Hilton Development and Asset Management executives in their dealings and negotiations with third parties by being directly involved in meetings and presentations or provide support during preparations for these negations (provide analysis and prepare presentations). The candidate is also required to be able to act as Hilton representative to the public, attend relevant hospitality events and maintain high profile within the industry.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing ?
Prepare financial forecasts for proposed hotels 30%
A typical proforma analysis includes a site/hotel evaluation from the viewpoint of its utility for operation as a hotel, an analysis of the neighborhood/city/country, understanding hotel demand patterns, determining a competitive set for the proposed hotel and investigating new supply entering the market, projecting hotel demand and average daily rate, benchmarking costs against other Hilton properties, competitive benchmarks, and industry standards.
Prepare financial analysis, forecasts and scenario assessments for existing assets (owned & leased) 15%
In addition to the market analysis and forecasting as outlined above, the asset management projects require extensive analysis of the operational structure, financial performance and contract terms of the subject hotel as well as through assessment of the proposed scenarios (lease extensions, renovation options, sale vs hold scenarios, merges and other complex transactions). Considering potential high level of investment by Hilton Worldwide, these assignments require high level of accuracy and sophistication.
Perform investment analyses & valuations of hotels 20%
The proforma P&L serves as a basis for investment analyses and valuations. This may include underwriting of key money, various forms of stand-aside and guarantees. The investment analyses and valuations support the decision making process of our internal clients, which include Development, Real Estate, Finance, and Executive Management.
• Prepares various scenarios for deal structuring including pros and cons recommendations
• Prepares memos summarizing projections and valuations.
• Briefs internal clients and Executive Management on methodology and findings as required.
Supervision & Management 15%
Oversight of junior colleagues’ work and assignments, client and project management relating to the group’s projects, Establish appropriate prioritization of projects and other administrative duties as required.
Internal & External Client Relationship Development & Management 15%
Represents the department internal and externally while develops and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal and external clients and other stakeholders. Communicates and co-operates with Senior Leadership within organization. Attends departmental and external meetings pertinent to work assignments and address topics of analysis. Communicates the role and objectives of FIA department internally and externally.
Supporting Activities 5%
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company:
• Maintains and updates sophisticated financial, supply-demand, and pro forma and impact models.
• Researches and responds to information requests from internal departments and management.
• Provides peer review of work of other colleagues.
Positions directly reporting to this position and “dotted line” relationships (titles):
• None directly, but supervision of Analyst-level positions within the group is required on a project specific basis.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Strong understanding of valuation of real estate, hotel investment and financing.
• Knowledge and experience within the European hospitality and/or real estate market.
• Good understanding of typical contract/legal structure in hospitality – Franchise and Management Contracts, Lease Contracts and JV structures.
• Some understanding of macro-economics and their influence on the investment and hospitality sectors
• Ability to apply principles of corporate finance and working knowledge of Uniform System of Accounts for Hotels.
• Understanding of principles of highest and best use and land economics.
• Good knowledge of hotel industry brands.
• Ability to manipulate financial spreadsheet software, word processing, database software, and mapping software, strong knowledge of Excel modeling.
• Experience in and working knowledge of hotel operations and systems.
• Contacts within the industry, especially within the consulting community.
• Ability to manage and motivate other team members. Efficiently review, provide constructive feedback and critique analyses prepared by other team members.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• Degree specializing in hotel administration or business/finance.
• Significant experience in or across a combination of the following fields: hotel operations, hospitality consulting, investment and asset management, feasibility and/or investment analysis function, or demonstrated ability to perform the requisite functions above.
• Strong Excel modelling and report writing skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to communicate and contribute to discussions across various seniority levels of the organization and with external parties.
• Hotel operations experience
• Foreign language skills: additional value of Russian, German
• Experience with the Food and Beverage industry (Feasibility, Development or Operations).
• Experience within the Luxury Hospitality industry (Feasibility, Development or Operations).
• Previous experience of managing, mentoring or training team members would be highly advantageous.
Title: Manager, Feasibility & Investment Analysis – Europe & Africa
Requisition ID: EUR0135C