Comcast Technical Project Mgr 4, Project Mgmt in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for managing complex projects through entire project
lifecycle (inception, design, development, integration and test, trial,
and deployment). Act as a liaison with appropriate company personnel and
vendors to ensure project compliance to standards, coordinate multiple
complex high priority tasks. Assure feature and functionality and
performance metrics requirements are defined. Initiate, facilitate, and
monitor specific inter/intra-departmental project progress and
performance to assure quality and on time delivery. Ensure milestone
dates are met. Monitor risks during various stages of the project and
escalate issues to the appropriate level of management. Maintain project
status reports on projects. Create and manage contingency plans for
projects. Estimate and manage budgets. Evaluate impact change request
against communicated timelines. Integrates knowledge of business and
functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Coordinate scoping and architecture review activities for initiated
programs and follow process for program approval at architecture
- Create and track end to end project plan in conjunction with the lead
- Track tasks and milestones across all parties, including vendors.
- Coordinate, manage, and drive test organization activities.
- Facilitate bug triage, manage bug lists across vendors, track issue
resolution with lead engineer.
- Coordinate change request generation and tracking.
- Make project scheduling decisions in conjunction with the lead
engineer or facilitate conversations necessary for decision making.
- Report on project's progress as required by product engineering
- Identify and manage critical path and risk areas, and create risk
response and mitigation plans.
- Report weekly (or as necessary) on any risks/issues.
- Escalate issues as required to unblock open issues.
- Work with other project managers to track and manage inter-project
- Communicate updates on major milestones, escalations, and status to
lead engineer and lead project manager.
- Work with lead engineer and management to set project specific budget.
- Project spend rates based on the budgets.
- Manage within budgetary objectives set by manager, monitoring and
controlling costs within functional area.
- Mentor junior level project managers on the team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Technical discipline
- PMP desired
- Generally requires 7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer