AECOM Mechanic 1 AGM/US Army Rotary Aviation in Wheeler AAF, Hawaii
Business Line Government
Position Title Mechanic 1 AGM/US Army Rotary Aviation
United States of America - Hawaii
Position requires an in depth knowledge of the Army Maintenance Management System & ULLSA-E. The aircraft Mechanic I troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems. The mechanic inspects repairs, replaces and rebuilds aircraft structure, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power and pneumatic tools, machines and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, rivet guns, and drills.
Reads and interprets manufacturers’ maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
Performs progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic and other hourly or calendar inspections. Performs preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections.
Inspects jet engines, turbine blades and components for cracks, corrosion, foreign object damage, burned areas, distortions, security, warping, wear, breaks, and missing segments and performs maintenance operational checks. Inspects, adjusts, repairs or replaces electrical wiring systems and aircraft accessories. Removes components from aircraft and cleans, inspects, adjusts, repairs or replaces them prior to reinstallation on aircraft. Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, to include engines and aircraft components, at line stations making repairs short of overhaul required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition. Performs jacking and towing of aircraft. May specialize in work, repair and modification of structural, precision and functional spare parts and assemblies, may specialize in engine repair.
Enters in the maintenance records description of work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily.
• High school graduate or equivalent is desirable.
• Three (3) years actual and recent, vehicle or missile, or related weapon systems experience required.
• Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to weapon systems and vehicles.
• Must have knowledge of the scope and limitation of various categories of maintenance and their application to the contract unit.
• Must know theory and principles of engine operations; accessories and components; electrical and electronic; pneudraulic; and mechanical principles.
• Knowledge of sheet metal, properties of materials, fuels, and oils.
• Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints, wiring and schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
• Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate ground support and auxiliary equipment.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
• Shall have the ability to troubleshoot and repair complex malfunctions and perform complex Organizational Level Maintenance actions in support of the assigned aircraft. Must possess a level of experience necessary to inspect all aircraft assigned, and possess one or more of the specialties of the assigned aircraft below:
• Propulsion/Engine/Rotor/Transmission/Drive and Fuel Systems
• Airframe/Structural, Landing Gear, Launch/Arresting, Wing/Pylon Fold, Hydraulic/Pneumatic, and mechanical Flight Control Systems
• Egress and/or Environmental Control Systems
• Aviation Life Support Systems (ALSS)
• Avionics Communication/Navigation/Identification/Electronic Countermeasures/RADAR and Weapon Control Systems
• Power Distribution/Electrical Power, Instruments, Compass, Automatic Flight Control and Lighting Systems
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here at http://www.aecom.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EEO-is-the-Law-poster-supplement.pdf to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Maintenance
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 167671BR