HCA, Hospital Corporation of America CFO - Wesley Medical Center and Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER- Wichita, KS in Wichita, Kansas
TheChief Financial Officerdirects the financial and other departmental activities in accordance with defined hospital policies and objectives. Responsibilities include management of all financial departments, allocation of resources, and preparation of the annual budget. Departmental responsibility typically includes Accounting, Reimbursement, Managed Care, Health Information, and Utilization Review. Functions at an executive level in an active leadership role. The Chief Financial Officer is responsible to the Hospital CEO, and maintains business relationships with the Division CFO, Hospital CEO, COO, and CNO.
Develops Strategy By: • Assuming a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
• Directing the preparation of internal financial reports, and ensuring that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
• Directing the timely submission of all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports, and third party payor cost reports.
• Identifying and reporting undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and making recommendations for action.
Manages Accounting & Financial Functions By: • Assisting the CEO in the development of long and short range hospital operations plans which may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses, productivity, and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
• Developing long and short range operational and capital budgets which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
• Directing the preparation of hospital statistical reports, budgets, and financial reports.
• Administering the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
• Providing informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical record functions. Monitoring performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Forecasting the impact of business decision and expected outcomes on all financial results.
• Monitoring financial and economic information to identify trends and indicators that may impact business operations, planning, investments, and so forth.
• Communicating financial operational performance with all stakeholders, including senior administration, appropriate facility staff members and Division Office.
• Reviewing of denials issues and trends for maximizing net reimbursement for Facility.
• Maintaining accuracy of charge master.
• Reviewing contracts, purchase agreements, and other financial arrangements to ensure compatibility with business goals and expectations about profitability.
Supports HCA by: • Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
• Performing other duties as assigned.
•Bachelor's degree Accounting, Finance, or related field Required
•Master's degree Preferred
•4 years of experience in a Hospital Controller, Asst. CFO, or VP of Finance role Preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
•Certified Public Accountant Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors: • Knowledge of financial management, analysis, principles and techniques and managerial skills Required
• Knowledge of HCA Information System Preferred
• Knowledge of financial markets (e.g., primary and secondary markets, monetary and fiscal policy, security analysis). Required
• Skill in communicating the goals of a work group or business unit to team members so that individual work behavior is aligned with broader strategies. Required
• Skill in conveying to others the feeling that their work is valued and that they are important members of the team. Required
• Skill in setting priorities and developing a work direction. Required
• Skill in recognizing the broad or long-term implications of business decisions and plans. Required
• Skill in recognizing strategic business opportunities resulting from changes in the economic, technological, political/legal, or social environments. Required
• Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers. Required
• Ability to work in a “matrix management” role with HCA Shared Services in accounts receivable management, materials management, payroll, IT&S, Clinical Services Group and others. Required
Title: CFO - Wesley Medical Center and Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER- Wichita, KS
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 10202-22141