AECOM Senior Air Quality Consultant in Wimbledon, United Kingdom
Business Line Environment
Position Title Senior Air Quality Consultant
United Kingdom - London
Our Air Quality team is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Air Quality Consultant to complement and enhance an established UK team. This post offers excellent career opportunities in a large, friendly and well established team supporting one of the world's largest integrated engineering, construction and technical services organisations. The team numbers over 30 full-time air quality specialists in the UK with over 500 practitioners worldwide.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge of the air quality outlook, have the ability to work well in a team and have excellent communication and report writing skills.
Our UK team of air quality specialists delivers a range of exciting and varied projects across Europe, Middle East, India and Africa region. We work in multi-disciplinary teams delivering solutions to a broad base of client sectors including development, energy, oil and gas, water, government and transportation. There are opportunities to support our clients not only through EIA and planning related services but through the full spectrum of project life services including monitoring, due diligence, occupational exposure assessments, risk management, emissions monitoring and the drafting of good practice guidance.
Our clients are from the private and public sector and our leading UK clients include Highways England, Thames Water, Kuwait Oil Company and numerous Local Authorities, as well as leading UK contractors and developers.
We have an impressive portfolio of major national and international infrastructure projects. A selection of our current and recent projects includes:
• Development and Implementation of a Regulatory Air Compliance Management Program for Kuwait Oil Company
• Air quality and odour chapter for the Environmental Statement for Thames Tideway Tunnel
• Baseline, early works and construction monitoring for Thames Tideway Tunnel
• Air quality assessment for Highways England for the Smart Motorway Programme
• Air quality assessments for numerous developments as part of the London Olympic Legacy
• Air quality assessments for some of the most prestigious developments in Central London
• Assessment of the impact of air quality from the new Gabon International Airport
• Air quality assessment of Phase 1 of HS2.
The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job / Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standard:
• Undertaking air quality impact assessments of developments, roads and industrial facilities
• Use of dispersion modelling to predict air quality impacts
• Undertaking and / or managing ambient and workplace monitoring studies
• You will have strong development skills and have the ability to develop and manage the work of others – working in terms is vital to working in AECOM Air Quality
• Have the technical ability, knowledge and competence to provide guidance to teach and develop junior staff.
• Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team.
• Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams, particularly within AECOM’s transportation division
• Business development with internal and external clients
• Responsibility for developing health and safety risk assessments for site work to ensure personal and team safety.
• You will able to demonstrate a detailed understanding and knowledge of the air quality outlook.
• You will have previous work experience in a similar role and be enthusiastic with excellent report writing skills.
• You will have extensive dispersion modelling experience
• You will have a good understanding of ambient air quality monitoring
• You should be able to demonstrate GIS or programming skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Full, clean driving licence
Degree level in a numerical science, and ideally a postgraduate qualification
Full membership of a relevant professional body or certificate of successful completion of professional training, such as MIAQM, BOHS, STA, MCERTS would also be of interest as evidence of relevant experience.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 165710BR