Monsanto Foundation Seed Assistant in WOODLAND, California
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated Foundation Seed Assistant with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary Research Team. The Foundation Seed Assistant will assist in all phases of a seed increases, shipping/receiving, sampling, manufacturing and research databases, and any other assisting of crop specialist.
The successful Foundation Seed Assistant has the opportunity to overlook all operations related to Foundation seed increases, seed preparation, seeding, field plot management, data collection, harvesting and trial plots. This is a unique opportunity to work with leading edge technology and other team members seeking to deliver the best in crop genetics.
• Utilization of research equipment such as planters, small plot threshers and hand held devices for note taking
• Overlook different greenhouse operations, seeding, management of plants, self-pollinating, data collection, harvest, etc.
• Assist in computer related activities and provide support for day-to-day nursery and testing activities such as operation systems, seed counters, and seed packaging
• Shipping of vegetable seeds internationally to other manufacturing and research locations.
• Perform safety inspections, and assist in providing safety training and guidance to field personnel.
• Supervision and training of temporary employees
• Work closely with other research and manufacturing sites to keep program operating efficiently
• Participate with team to successfully maintain the ISO Quality Management Standards
• Assist in other projects and perform other duties as and when required.
• Overnight travel during the planting and harvest season is possible. Travel for winter nursery work is also likely for 1 week in December or January and 1 week for harvest in July. There may be some travel for training and other meetings, but would be minimal.
• BS in Agronomy or related fields desired
• Ability to work extended hours during the peak planting, pollinating and harvest seasons
• Experience utilizing MS Word and MS Excel
• Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams
• Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize tasks
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
• Basic understanding of farm equipment maintenance
• Ability to lift 40lbs
• Familiarity with seed production is desired
• Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices as well
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment.
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization.
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry.
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world.
• Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Organization: GLB VEG Global Foundation Seed51070678_
Title: Foundation Seed Assistant
Location: North America-USA-California-Woodland
Requisition ID: 01J9S
Job: Research & Development
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement