Farmers Insurance Data Analyst I in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Data Analyst will perform complex analysis in an evolving data environment. In addition to very strong technical skills, this position requires to have superb analytical and communication skills. The ability to extract and analyze data, pattern, and related trends is needed; with the subsequent ability to create and execute business-centric test scenarios to ensure quality control standards are achieved.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for analytic data needs of the business users
- Assess quality of data in data warehouse, marts, and analytic dashboards
- Perform data profiling and analysis and create data quality metrics/dashboards in Tableau to communicate results
- Extract, load, and reconcile large amounts of data across multiple system platforms and sources to validate user-centric scenarios.
- Review data to determine operational impacts and needed actions; elevate issues, trends, areas for improvement and opportunities to management.
Manage customer expectations and internal deliverables to ensure timely and efficient delivery of data analytics
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics or Computer Science
Three years of related experience is required
Special Skill Requirement
Proficient skills in Data Mining
- Proficient skills in Analytic Models
- Advanced skills in SQL, SAS, Toad, MS Office, VISIO
- Proficient skills in Business Object and Tableau, IDQ (data profiling tool)
- Knowledge of Informatica is preferred
- Strong understanding of data warehouse/marts, data models, data relationships, reporting schemas, data transformations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Proven ability to meet established deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good multi-tasking skills
- A strong drive for results
- Demonstrated focus for customer satisfaction
- Ability to function in a high volume setting with tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Data Analytics
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Data Analyst I
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 1700029K