Farmers Insurance Enterprise Architect – Digital & Marketing Architect in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This senior level architect will drive architecture and technology within the Marketing channel in the areas of delivering an Omni Channel experience, developing customer data strategies and analytics, building Lead and Campaign Management capabilities, identifying opportunities for technology optimization, and designing systems that support customer relationship management and enhance user experience. The resource is responsible for the high level design for all projects within the Marketing space. They will provide technology guidance that aligns with the overall Marketing business strategies. They will provide leadership on strategic initiatives either by delivering architectural solutions based on business requirements or through developing strategic roadmaps based of business strategies. They will consult executives and management on details within the solution design documentation providing justification, guidance and thought leadership. They will analyze existing systems and make recommendations to enhance, replace, or retire with new or enhanced technologies and process. They will research areas of the company operations where problems in methods, practices, and procedures exist in order to develop recommendations in the area of build verses buy, cloud verses on premise and manual verses automated solutions.
- Portfolio Architectural support for the Marketing channel.
- Development of Solution Architecture Design (SAD) documents for all Marketing projects.
- Provide leadership, guidance, clarification, and support during all project phases to ensure adherence to SAD and help projects move forward.
- Lead transformational architecture efforts in the area of multi-channel application architecture and design (including responsive web design), developing a consistent customer experience, and supporting requirements for the delivery of marketing level analytics.
- Responsible for assignments that are broad in scope and strategic or tactical in nature.
- Contributes to strategic, operational, and tactical plans that are aligned with the Marketing business strategy.
- Perform the lead role in execution of software evaluations, development of architecture impact analysis, delivery of system design documents and proposals of many different types.
- Participates in the development of standards and guidelines at the enterprise level and leads the development of standards and guidelines within the IT Marketing area.
- Evaluates and implements continuous improvement activities.
- Provides consultation and direction to senior management on impact of major policy, procedures, or program change.
- Provides technical and business leadership within the organization.
- Deals with diverse complex problems or activities in related functions throughout IT.
- Designs technology solutions to meet complex business requirements.
- Technical architecture role leading the analysis and deliver of strategic plans involving multiple technical architectures within a large IT enterprise.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
Strong written and oral communication skills are required; role is highly visible to executive leadership.
- Working knowledge and experience with architectural principles and concepts is required.
- Experience designing high-end consumer facing Web and Mobile applications is required.
- Experience in designing systems supporting Marketing Lead & Campaign Management is required.
- Experience with Web Analytics tools and Content Delivery Networks required.
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager required.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Heroku required.
- Experience with Open-Source and Java development required.
- Experience with Marketing Data Management Platforms a plus.
- Strong understanding of the customer experience and a clear understanding of Visual design for in the consumer space is required.
- Demonstrates and has extensive background in application integration, database concepts, data modeling, user experience and cloud technology concepts.
- Ability to work with IT and Business executives to develop tactical and strategic business plans, system evolution and architectural roadmaps.
- Prior experience with business transformation specializing in the area of Marketing, Customer Experience and Customer relationship management.
- Experience in technology optimization, business intelligence and process modeling.
- Experienced in developing customer data strategies and analytics.
- Experience in leading evaluation, selection, integration and implementation of 3rd party packaged software products.
- Ability to provide thought leadership in the areas of Enterprise Architecture, Governance, and standards development.
- Solid understanding in system data architecture, data governance and data modeling.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise SOA concepts, process and service design.
- Clear understanding of RIA (Rich Internet Application) architecture and RIA MVC design.
- Ability to develop Solution Architecture Design (SAD) documentation and perform formal presentations to the Architecture Review Board (ARB) and Farmers executives.
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, operational libraries such as ITIL and controls practices such as COBIT.
- Understanding processes within the Marketing, Agency Support and Sales & Service Management environments required.
- Knowledge of IBM IAA or ACORD canonical model is a plus.
- TOGAF certification is a plus.
- Background in P&C and/or Commercial insurance a plus.
- Ability to roll-up sleeves and get things done. Must be able to assist development teams during detail design activities to clear roadblocks and drive to an outcome.
Ability to help production support teams to troubleshoot production issues if needed.
Physical Actions:Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum.
Physical Environment:Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Education Requirements:Four year college degree, MBA/MIS a plus.
Experience Requirements:10 years of experience in an IT development or architecture role plus 5 years leadership/management experience. 5 years’ experience in the Digital Marketing.
Special Skills Requirements:
Project management and development skills.
- Current ongoing awareness of technology and business trends to determine where to apply new technologies.
- Expert knowledge of IT concepts and disciplines to enable completion of difficult assignments.
- Strong experience in leading division level program and projects.
Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at the same time.
(Internal title USFPG08 -Principal IT Consultant)
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Enterprise Architect – Digital & Marketing Architect
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 17000477