Farmers Insurance Enterprise ODS Subject Matter Expert III in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Job Summary: internal title USFG009 -Apl Sub Matter Expert III
Preferred Skills and Abilities: *
Application Subject Matter Expert III to provide expertise in the design, development, and functionality of the Enterprise Operational Data Store (ODS) and its integrations.
The ODS SME will be responsible for the conceptual design of ODS applications; reviewing and validating technical designs provided by suppliers; performing quality review checks on project deliverables; validating supplier estimates; performing impact analysis of application changes across various components; estimating Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) to implement new application functionality; specifying/recommending integration and parallel testing criteria; supporting all implementation activities; and mentoring lower level colleagues.
Specific responsibilities include:
Formulating and defining system scope and business objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify ODS assets;
- Coordinating with business partners, architects, analysts, and developers to create IT specification documents based on business requirements;
- Understanding business processes and products and utilizing this knowledge to appropriately interpret and translate business requirements into workable technical solutions;
- Analyzing and revising existing system logic and documentation for continuous improvement, quality, and optimization; building transformation rules to convert data from various lines of business;
- Building data models and customizing data extractions/integrations based on business rules; holding an end-to-end view of the system;
- Estimating Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality;
- Managing application controls and adherence to standards - reporting results in application scorecards and status reports;
- Coordinating with supplier teams for task assignment, code reviews, knowledge transition sessions, and operational activities;
- Troubleshooting system environmental issues;
- Performing quality review checks on project/release deliverables;
- Acting as liaison between Business and IT;
Supporting users in building Business Cases, including cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
7 years of experience in the job offered or as a Senior Software Engineer, Project Manager, Program Manager, Technical Lead, or similar position;
- 7 years working with operational data store development, optimization, and testing; data extraction technologies (ETL);
- Real-time and near-real-time integrations;
- Operational reporting and data distribution;
- Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle and/or DB2; SQL development;
- 5 years of experience in solution design/subject matter analysis and oversight of insurance applications;
- 3 years of experience working with reporting tools and web services;
2 years of experience with Guidewire technologies (preferred).
/ An Equal Opportunity Employer /
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Enterprise ODS Subject Matter Expert III
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 1700013H