Farmers Insurance Enterprise Systems Engineer I in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Enterprise Systems Engineer is responsible for all aspects of enterprise system management. This includes enterprise system imaging and solutions, software installer development, software delivery and testing, patch management, client security, scripting and application development, Active Directory administration, enterprise client management, and virtualization. Under minimal supervision this position provides exceptional customer service and innovation for the enterprise while ensuring minimal disruption to the Business.
Essential Job Functions
Development of existing application programming to support various software and hardware installations, packages, scripts, and custom applications for use in enterprise environments. Development of existing automated client system build solutions, client images, and VDI images. Manage enterprise level client security (encryption, antivirus, firewall, data loss, policies, etc.), client endpoint management (Al tiris, SCCM, BMC, etc), Active Directory, and/or VDI. Other (change management, solution design, architecture review, root cause analysis, etc.).
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Active Directory Administration experience (GPO, user accounts, etc.).
- Software packaging experience with Microsoft Installer (.msi) packages.
- PowerShell, batch, and Windows command-line technologies.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit experience.
- Experience to deploy and test highly complex installation packages for functionality, compliance, quality assurance, integration, and user acceptance.
- 5 years of desktop troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of the principles of enterprise software and implementations.
- Analytical, possessing strong problem solving skills.
Ability to filter information and extract the key issues from the complete message.
Microsoft Active Directory GPO administration.
- Creating PowerShell Scripts.
- Creating Microsoft Installer (.msi) packages and Microsoft Transforms (.mst).
- Performing QA after installation packages created by package to verify that the MSI is operating correctly to install, uninstall, and repair and application, ensuring no DLL / registry conflicts or ICE errors in the MSI packages.
- Monitor package distribution and execution status and report when required or as requested.
- Work under limited direction with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Provide rapid response to issues and outages.
*Education Requirements: *Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience or certifications.
*Experience Requirements: *3 years of technical experience or equivalent technical knowledge in an enterprise environment.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Information Technology
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Enterprise Systems Engineer I
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 170005CR