Farmers Insurance OBIEE Application Developer in Woodland Hills, California
- We are Farmers! *
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
*Job Summary * Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers’ business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates. Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Specifies / Recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- An OBIEE Lead. Claims Business uses Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Suite (OBIEE) as the reporting platform for self service capabilities for power users and delivering dashboards and pre-built packaged reports.
- Reporting and data workstream is one of the key components of the ClaimCenter program. OBIEE and Tableau skills and having strong Insurance domain knowledge to lead this effort and provide the subject matter expertise for the ClaimCenter program.
- Claims Insurance domain expertise preferred.
- Hands on experience in OBIEE (Repository development, Subject Area design, Dashboards, Answers, and Delivers), Tableau, BI Publisher and Smart view required.
- Expertise in relational database concepts and data warehouse methodologies.
- Hands on experience with Oracle required.
*Education Requirements: *Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
Level II: 4 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role or 2 year as an Application SME Level I.
Special Skill Requirement
May require occasional traveling. Good written and oral skills in local language. Able to give information in English and passively participate in team meetings. Understands routine business conversations and letters and is able to communicate with few errors.
(Internal title USFG008 -Apl Sub Matter Expert II)
/Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce./
- We are Farmers! *
Job: *Data Analytics
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: OBIEE Application Developer
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 170004A4