Farmers Insurance Program Manager I in Woodland Hills, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This position is within the Technology Business Management (TBM) Office of IT and is concentrated on Finance. Position is responsible for business case developments across wide range of technology services and platform offering. Works with business units to define needs and arranges appropriate resources to build business cases; Oversees preparation of the IT annual budget and coordinates planning process with IT finance and business units, as required; reviews all financial reports for accuracy and completeness, reviews results with IT and Business management; ensures service costs stay within budget / recommends corrective actions, as applicable; ensures timely submission of reports; approves invoice payments for incurred expenses; identifies and implements ways to increase efficiency without sacrificing internal controls; recommends effective internal controls; reviews and analyzes financial implications of new initiatives; acts as liaison with internal and external auditing.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers for a small scale or sub-project, facilitating issue resolution, reviews/approves vendor invoices; accountable for development of work orders/cost estimates to/from suppliers.
- Develops and maintains allocation models for all CTO costs.
- Supports preparation of financial reports, including research & analysis of Actual and Forecast variances.
- Assist in allocation of IT costs to the business units for IT services and prepares reports, as required.
- Prepares variance reports (metrics and expenses) for billing between IT units Validates invoices against agreed upon contracts.
- Ensures proper authorization and transactional support (contracts, invoices, etc.), adhering to all published schedules.
- Develops the annual budget(s) for IT, utilizing controlling tools and ensuring adherence to the schedule; obtains full understanding and sign- off by budget owner.
- Prepares assigned financial reports, including variance analysis and explanations.
- Prepares IT cost allocations to the business units for IT services.
- Reviews financial implications of initiatives, ensuring availability of budget; prepares financial analysis reports in support of new initiatives & projects.
- Identifies ways to automate processes, minimizing manual intervention and increasing efficiency.
- Oversees preparation of the annual budget(s) for IT, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Coordinates planning process with Group Finance and Business Units, as required.
- Reviews all financial reports, including Actual/Forecast Analysis, IT Allocations, and Billing Variance, for accuracy & completeness.
- Reviews results with IT management & business units; ensures service costs stay within budget / recommends corrective actions, as applicable.
- Prepares and reviews timely allocation of IT costs; reviews results with business units as necessary.
- Approves invoice payments / ensures proper authorization and transactional support (contracts, invoices, etc.) for incurred expenses.
- Identifies and implements ways to automate processes, increasing efficiency without sacrificing internal controls; recommends effective internal controls; acts as liaison with internal and external auditing.
- Manages deliverables of assigned personnel.
Education Requirements*: *Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
Experience Requirements*: *Minimum of 3 years of experience in an IT environment.
Special Skill Requirement Excellent written and oral communication skills in local language. May require occasional traveling regionally or globally.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Program Manager I
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 16000ASP