Frontier Communications Fiber Network Field Technician in WYLIE, Texas
Frontier Communications Corporation, now a Fortune 500 and S&P; 500 company, is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure digital protection solutions. Frontier Business Edge offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. Frontier's approximately 28,600 employees are based entirely in the United States. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Posted Internally: 5/18/17 - 5/25/17
Location: WYLIE, TX - 1015 E BROWN ST (TX616)
Responsible for tasks assigned by the Company in connection with service order and repair activity on fiber network facilities between and including the customer-serving terminal and into the customer’s premise, as well as installation activity at the fiber hub. These tasks may include, but not be limited to, installation and maintenance of voice, data and video equipment and/or service at the customer premise. In addition to providing revenue enhancing offers to the customer. Performs other duties as required.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Installs, removes, rearranges, programs, tests, troubleshoots and maintains fiber network services.
- Installs and configures routers, set top boxes. May assist with installation of PC software as needed and ensure proper configuration of the customer’s PC. Interacts with the Fiber Solution Center as needed. May install appropriate inside wire/cable (such as Cat 5E, Coaxial cable).
- Installs, maintains and repairs outside and inside fiber equipment/facilities including inside wiring and fiber jumpers at the distribution hub. Activates the ONT.
- Interfaces with customer to negotiate the placement of equipment, may assist with account registration, e-mail, and web access, and training the customer on how to use the new equipment. Ensures the customer is satisfied with the work that has been done. Responds to inquires and provides follow-up.
- Interprets schematic work order drawings to determine job specifications and installation needs. Orders and/or obtains required equipment. Effects problem solving where appropriate.
- Utilizes various test equipment to analyze equipment trouble and takes appropriate maintenance action.
- May be required to perform other duties of the Customer Zone Technician II classification.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- One - two year(s) experience as a Customer Zone Technician, or equivalent job experience, is desired. Or, successful completion of the recommended education, as listed below, is desired.
- Must meet Frontier’s standards of professionalism in communications and appearance.
- Must wear Frontier branded attire. Wears appropriate safety apparel and is aware of and follows all established safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to sell voice, data and video products/services.
- Ability to identify and distinguish audible tones/levels and colors.
- Ability to work in confined areas.
- Ability to lift and carry tool boxes, drop wire, parts containers and installation loads, test equipment, etc.
- Ability to work aloft. In some areas, pole climbing may not be a requirement; for locations where pole climbing is required, a candidate must meet the course qualification standard.
- Ability to lift, carry, set-up, climb and take down ladders.
- Ability to communicate naturally and pleasantly over the telephone.
- Ability to professionally communicate extensively in person during in-home installation.
- Requires alertness and attention to detail. Ability to work under stress.
- A valid driver’s license. Able to meet medical and driver certification requirements as established by the DOT Federal Highway Safety Act. Not restricted to daylight hours. May require more specialized drivers’ license based on State Laws and Regulations.
- Able to read and interpret architectural, electrical wiring diagrams.
- Able to operate applicable test equipment.
- Must be available to work tours as scheduled including nights, weekends, and holidays and for callouts and/or overtime as required.
Successful completion of equivalent courses from an accredited or recognized educational institution is desired.
- Basic Electricity
- CompTIA A+ 2003 or later Hardware
Part 1 – Devices and System Components
Part 2 – Installation and Troubleshooting
Part 3 – Printers, Networks, and Protocols
- CompTIA A+ 2003 or later OS Technologies
Part 1 – Installing
Part 2 – Configuring and Managing
Part 3 – Troubleshooting
Part 4 – Network Fundamentals
- Understanding TCP-IP
Part 1 – Basics of the Internet and Internet Protocols –
Part 2 – IP Addressing and Routing –
Part 3 – Internet Protocol
Part 4 – Transmission Control Protocol
Part 5 – User Datagram Protocol
Part 6 –TCP/IP: Related Protocols and Applications
- Customer Contact – The Key to Our Success –
- Introductions to PCs and Software
- Optical Basics
- Telephony Network Basics
- VoIP Industry Overview
A degree in computer or electronics technology from an accredited or recognized educational institution is desired.
Job Location: WYLIE, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 318516-798