CACI International Mechanical Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
CACI is seeking a Mechanical Engineer at Aberdeen Proving, MD to support the Fabrication Integration and Fielding Facility (FIFF).
What You’ll Get to Do:
• Produce detailed 2D and 3D drawings for production efforts, manuals, and proposals
• Assist with design reviews
• Perform part and design acceptance checks that may include travel for on-site first article inspections
• Resolve design and implementation issues
• Assist in preparing engineering analysis to validate preliminary designs, life cycle cost, and equipment selection
• Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices
• Perform research or other professional and scientific work in one or more hardware engineering disciplines to validate proper engineering fundamentals
• Provide intermediate level experience using SolidWorks, Visio, and various CAD software
• Use your knowledge of drafting/drawing standards (ANSI, DOD, MIL)
• Generate mechanical drawings for use in sheet metal and machining operations
• Draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and products
• Draw finished designs from sketches utilizing solid models and layouts
More About the Role:
You will be responsible for designing components or portions of systems and modifies existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing and field service operations.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Active TS clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI
• Bachelors of Science degree and 3 years of relevant experience
• Experienced in SOLIDWORKS
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Interpersonal skills required to work with others and communicate effectively
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure for quick-reaction projects
• Knowledge of mechanical standards for materials & fasteners
• CAD related Certifications
• Experienced using and understanding SolidWorks Add-ins
• Hands-on fabrication and assembly experience
• Experience with machine shop operations and manufacturing process
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Aberdeen Proving Ground-MD-BALTIMORE
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.