Hilton Senior Manager, User Experience Architecture in Addison, Texas
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated leader with a passion for using technology to solve problems. As the Senior Manager, User Experience Architecture (UXA) of the [D³] Design, Delivery Development team, you will act as an authority on consumer website behavior and on travel website behavior in particular. You will understand the full consumer experience and act as the "voice of the customer" throughout the organization. You will ensure this customer voice is heard in all decision-making processes that impact the consumer. Your work will help build and sustain a consumer-centric culture.
You will also attract, retain and develop talent focused on building intuitive products. You will accomplish this by working closely with internal teams to support in-depth business reviews, communicating and presenting across all levels of the organization and supporting multi-functional product teams.
Further, you will supervise and direct a staff that includes full-time and contract position User Experience professionals. You will lead the team in providing support and guidance to both internal and external design teams. Your team may also translate preliminary visualizations and prototypes to facilitate discussion in the creation of effective and intuitive user interfaces for Hilton.
More specifically, you will:
- Add to the User Experience group's shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
- Provide contributions to Hilton’s long-term User Experience and Technology strategy roadmap.
- Develop and build partnerships across teams and disciplines to promote collaboration and efficiency on projects.
- Manage, mentor and coach a team to raise the bar for UX and help individuals further their professional growth.
- Work creatively around challenging resource and technical limitations while helping to mentor others on the team in this regard.
- Develop and maintain detailed design patterns that scale for your team and influence other designers across Hilton.
- Ensure changes or additions to digital standards are captured, delivered and documented.
- Organize and lead Design Sprint/brainstorming workshops.
- Advocate for usability, design and innovation within the organization.
- Actively assess and recommend improvements for the user experience and staff processes.
- Develop process flows, conceptual diagrams, sketches, wireframes and prototypes to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Create user-centric concepts by considering customer feedback and usability findings.
- Iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
- Brainstorm with multi-functional teams to help develop a creative direction based on user stories and product requirements.
- Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
- Work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Defend design rationale used to create solutions confidently in frequent executive-level design reviews.
- Speak authoritatively on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers and testers.
- Manage and influence the creative process through successful design completion.
- Visualize design problems and information in ways that are easy for other team members to comprehend.
- Stay ahead of emerging technologies and find opportunities to incorporate the best current thinking into product designs.
- Contribute to the evolution of user stories.
- Own the quality of output by the UX staff. You will add to the estimates, forecasts and timelines to direct the team.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Project management with an aptitude for implementing and leading departmental processes, procedures and objectives to ensure success
- Collaborative teamwork that brings to bear positive partnerships with vendors, corporate Information Technology (IT) teams and hotel team members
- Problem solving that guides the department’s progress and advises on key issues to facilitate the way we make decisions
- Commitment to learning that supports ongoing training, expanding professional and technical knowledge and building a Culture of Learning
- Superb communication, presentation, storytelling, social and analytical skills with receptiveness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s DegreeORa High School Diploma/GED plus thirteen (13) years of experience as a user experience architect, product designer, service designer, creative lead, creative director, creative technologist, or in a similar role
- Seven (7) years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect or similar role
- Two (2) years of experience as a Lead/Senior Creative Contributor, Creative Director or Manager
- Experience with web and web based devices
- Experience working as part of a collaborative team
- Experience with common design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or OmniGraffle
- Experience in an Agile/scrum environment
- Understanding of web and accessibility standards
- Proven track record of presenting to and influencing people, from other designers to senior executive management
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience managing a team of one to three (1-3) people
- Experience in Lean UX practices
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Digital Design and Development
Title: Senior Manager, User Experience Architecture
Requisition ID: INF01092