Eaton Corporation Senior Quality Engineer in Aguascalientes, Mexico
Eaton’s Vehicule division is currently seeking a Sr Quality Engineer to join our team.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for approve material for production (Supplier) and assist with the implementation of Quality Systems (IATF). This role will report directly to the Site Quality Manager and have one direct reports – Supplier Quality Assurance Jr.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will responsible to follow up quality problems with suppliers
You will responsible of the administration of the material rejected from suppliers
You will interact with & assist suppliers on quality related issues, report root cause & corrective actions, conduct suppliers visits as needed
You will interface with suppliers, participate in & lead supplier development efforts
You will assist and support to the Development of Corporate Suppliers in the development of local or regional suppliers.
You will coordinate the Quality Management System and the Laboratorie (Incoming Lab).
You will demonstrate the application of the 8 CIF modules and support related initiatives on daily basis through establishing, maintaining and complying his/her Standard Work and other tools. Participate in Kaizen events, Lean Council and Continuous Improvement teams when required. Generate ideas for improvement according with the local programs. Implement and optimize Lean Management tools. Sustain the ELLS tools (VSM, 5´s, TMP, STW, Set up, Problem Solving, Materials Management and 6 Sigma) to drive the continuous improvement performance when apply.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
• Minimum 3 years experience applying quality tools in a manufacturing environment, automotive preferred
• Certificate Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred
• Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt would be a plus
• Strong communication skills
• Solid knowledge of engineering techniques & manufacturing processes
• Thorough knowledge of statistics & statistical process control, including gauge repeatability & reproducibility studies
• Knowledge of metrology, including CMM application & programming preferred
• Computer literacy, including spreadsheets, statistical programs, database maintenance & CAD
• Thorough knowledge of geometric dimensioning & tolerance (GD&T) principles
• ISO/TS16949 Internal Auditor Certified
• Proficiency in problem solving & quality techniques including:
o 8-D problem solving
o Capability Analysis
• Ability to communicate in the English language (80%)
• ISO-TS 16949 proficient
• Position requires a customer and supplier-focus, proactive problem solving skills & effective communications techniques
to deal with internal & external customers & suppliers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.